1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Major Google Update (24th April) - The END of mini-sites

Discussion in 'Google' started by spycraft, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I agree. But I currently have lots of pages ranking well with 2,000 or more words on them. For example, my most-visited inner page gets almost 6K unique visitors a month, is PR2, and has 2,788 words. I haven't seen any SERPs reductions in similar pages, many of which have 3,000 or more words of original, personally written content.

Jim4767, May 10, 2012 IP
  2. Valkerie

Valkerie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Jim -

Looking by your signature, I'm going to guess that you didn't automate your link building AND that you don't have clients that depend on you to build out/SEO sites that reach number one for content based on retail items or keywords like weight loss. Your sites (just going by your signature) were tailor made to thrive post-Penguin.

You also have one Google search box on your sites, tons of content and an outstanding link profile. Sites like yours should have survived Penguin without imploding.

Marsha

Valkerie, May 10, 2012 IP
    Jim4767 likes this.
  3. Ragger

Ragger Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If I search for cheap large handbags, chances are that I want to BUY a cheap large handbag.. I would maybe appreciate some advice on where to buy it from (which is what you would find on my sites) BUT I would much rather land on a site that actually sells what I am looking for. Makes sense right?

Ragger, May 28, 2012 IP
  4. gordano

gordano Active Member

Best Answers:
    I noticed today when I was looking to buy products I was presented with more 'information' pages. I wonder if google is gradually trying to force those who sell onto google adwords to boost their profits !

gordano, May 28, 2012 IP
  5. tskailey

tskailey Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Let Google do their job first...Most people ask what part of their existing SEO practice they can modify and “call attention to” to recover from the blow .This Penguin Update is not a manual review of sites in the index, so there is room for error (causing devastation for many legitimate webmasters and SEOs) and the good thing is Google is doing their best to improve this.

tskailey, Jun 5, 2012 IP
  6. Master Directory

Master Directory Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    what actually the point of google doing this all, why look they want we become a stupid person

Master Directory, Jun 5, 2012 IP
  7. jaysspot

jaysspot Peon

Best Answers:
    my site has been severely effected by penguin, I had no problems with panda. I run a Event hire company and I ranked number 1 for most search terms, I have now fallen off the page for most terms and I have received nothing from my webmaster account to say anything is wrong. I don't own lots of sites and it has for now ruined my business. I have gone from 5- 10 inquiries a day to maybe 5 a week .. I am a small business and I really cannot understand why they have done this. I am not on my own and I have to say that Google have hurt so many people with this .. it's terrible to play with peoples livelihoods in this way. very depressing .. and i guess the moral of this story is to never rely on online inquiries, which seems ridiculous in this day and age !

jaysspot, Jun 5, 2012 IP
  8. atuoguideindia

atuoguideindia Peon

Best Answers:
    You post is all about Ethical SEO Way. You are exactly right because Black Hat SEO can remove you from SE. In Black Hat SEO you must to aware that if you do over optimization on the website like 500 directories in a day, 200 Social Bookmarking, 100 Articles etc etc. So Google can penalized you. So follow all steps written by "spycraft".

atuoguideindia, Jun 5, 2012 IP