1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

MailChimp: how to create a Newsletter sign-up box?

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Mr.Dog, Jun 14, 2015.

Hi,

I just signed up for MailChimp.com and I can't find any option in the account to create an e-mail sign up box.

I suppose they should have a builder. But they don't seem to have them...
    (Why don't I ask MailChimp? I would probably get the answer on the DP forum faster)

Kind thanks to helpful replies ;)

Mr.Dog, Jun 14, 2015 IP
  2. Anveto

Anveto Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Anveto, Jun 14, 2015 IP
  3. Mr.Dog

Mr.Dog Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am not using any CMS, I am coding the site by myself. HTML code into .PHP files.

Mr.Dog, Jun 14, 2015 IP
  4. Anveto

Anveto Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Cool, this is information that I would not know which is why I linked their knowledgebase article in the first part of my answer which directly answers your question. A lot of people tend to use some kind of CMS which is why I mentioned it in case this question comes up in google search results before the knowledgebase article linked above.

Because all I did was Google it...

Now let's improve my answer, I will go to http://www.google.com and paste the title of your post into the search box "MailChimp: how to create a Newsletter sign-up box" and the first result is actually titled "add a signup form to your website", Probably an even better result than the one I linked to above although both knowledgebase articles would tell you how to solve your problem of finding the form builder. The link to that article is http://kb.mailchimp.com/lists/signup-forms/add-a-signup-form-to-your-website

I hope I answered your question :) Sometimes a good first step is to check Google, but maybe I was faster at answering this.

Anveto, Jun 14, 2015 IP
  5. Mr.Dog

Mr.Dog Active Member

Best Answers:
    No, as a matter a fact, you post doesn't help me at all.

My problem was: there was no option for the form creation in my account.

I've found out: one has to create a list and after that, the sign up box creation option appears.

Mr.Dog, Jun 15, 2015 IP
  6. Anveto

Anveto Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am sorry, but the first sentance of the linked article is "When you create a list in MailChimp, we automatically generate a default set of forms..."

If it is your first time using MailChimp the intro that they do will tell you this, I mean, it was right there in front of you.

I am glad you finally solved it on your own.

Anveto, Jun 15, 2015 IP