1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Magento Running Costs

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by makemoneyfromgoogle, Oct 29, 2011.

Hi,

I'm interested in finding out how much the average running costs are on a magento site. I know it may depend on traffic volume etc but roughly if you are on magento what is it costing you on average per month to host/support?

I've spoke to a few people recently who had been getting minimal traffic but paying £100-£200 per month for hosting (not enhancements or upgrades, just hosting/supporting what is there). I wanted to see if this was typical, or if people are paying more/less than this.

I'm also keen to find out how many are using the free version, and how many are using the licensed version. Or if you are a magento developer, and don't mind sharing the info - what the split is of your clients who are using the free version vs the pro/enterprise versions.

Any help from people using magento would be great.

Ps. only interested in opinions from people who have actually used it please

Thanks

makemoneyfromgoogle, Oct 29, 2011 IP
  2. Hans-Eirik

Hans-Eirik Peon

Best Answers:
    I have developed a number of shopping carts on the Magento platform, and all except for 1 client is utilizing the community edition. The one client not on the community edition is utilizing the professional edition.

For hosting I generally utilize nexcess.net and their Magento optimized hosting, due to the quality of service they provide. While I don't want to get into specific account numbers I would generalize and say that for 100,000 and less page views a month I find the sip-100 plan for $25/m (their UK hosting package starts at around $50/m) to be sufficient. Over that I push them into higher plans based upon their needs which run anywhere from $80-$600/m.

Hans-Eirik, Oct 29, 2011 IP
  3. anonymous479

anonymous479 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've found shared hosting from hostgator is acceptable for small or low traffic sites. $15/month is what i pay to host the two sites in my signature.

anonymous479, Nov 4, 2011 IP