1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Made a very very silly error

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by hurricane_sh, Sep 5, 2004.

Just now, I found I uploaded a private page to the main index two days ago :mad: !! Google has cached the new page, I hope the ranking can come back soon.
    SEMrush

hurricane_sh, Sep 5, 2004 IP
    SEMrush
  2. Old Welsh Guy

Old Welsh Guy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Shit happens, I once saved a page in the wrong client folder and uploaded it. it was up for about 15 seconds before I clicked on the page, realised my fXXX up, and corrected it by iploading the right page. during that 15 or so seconds, googlebot hit the site and cached the wrong page :)

Shit happens lol

Old Welsh Guy, Sep 5, 2004 IP
  3. mxlabs

mxlabs Peon

Best Answers:
    some years I ago I completely messed up my ftp upload... I didn't really sleep the night before so after wasting hours by looking at htaccess, DNS settings, possible redirections etc. etc. I finally figured out I just uploaded to the wrong server.

mxlabs, Sep 5, 2004 IP
  4. caroline

caroline Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I was in the middle of uploading my updated index page, when the Internet went kaput. My site was index-less for like 12 hours. Thank God, googlebot didn't decide to visit it at that particular time. :)

caroline, Sep 5, 2004 IP
  5. hurricane_sh

hurricane_sh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The silliest thing is that I kept wondering why the ranking dropped and the sales suddently stopped, but didn't check the homepage, how silly!!

hurricane_sh, Sep 5, 2004 IP
  6. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    I was so afraid I would upload a page for a club to a church site I was doing. Luckily I avoided that but have made other mistakes. I try to always view page I just uploaded to be sure I have uploaded the page I intended.

Shannon

Smyrl, Sep 5, 2004 IP