1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Made a sitemap. Now i have edits on my webpage. What to do?

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by DSR, Feb 6, 2006.

Hi everyone!

Let me see if i can explain this correctly.

- I created a sitemap of my site, which took ~8 hours with gsitecrawler (~42,000 pages with my database).
    - I submitted the sitemap and google has been crawling it everyday since.
    - I have now added new articles and edited some old ones that are in the sitemap (editied titles, descriptions, seo stuff...)

Should i create an entirely new sitemap? Or should i just create a sitemap for the articles? And should i delete my old sitemap or should i just add this new one?
    SEMrush
    Hope that's not confusing! Thanks for the help! :)

DSR, Feb 6, 2006 IP
    SEMrush
  2. fsmedia

fsmedia Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Google really only looks for the URL and then goes from there. I don't think you need to create a new one, it shouldn't matter all that much. We use an automated system to update our 100,000+ pages of content to our sitemap. You may consider looking into an automated system so you don't have to use a program or website to generate a sitemap for you.

fsmedia, Feb 6, 2006 IP
  3. DSR

DSR Member

Best Answers:
    ooo, an automated system? That sound sinteresting! Can you expand on this? Where can i look/find something that may be useful to my site? :)

DSR, Feb 6, 2006 IP
  4. hubel

hubel Grunt

Best Answers:
    You can try http://www.xml-sitemaps.com

They do a php script you can set up on your server with a cron job to automate the whole process for you.

Hope this helps.

hubel, Feb 7, 2006 IP