1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Made $1707.31 with Amazon Associates in 2 months!

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by kgrad, May 12, 2010.

Guys, I want to share my Amazon Affiliate program experience with you. All over the forums people say that promoting Amazon products is not really worth it. But, I experimented, and have had a completely different results. (You can read more about it here).

The reason of me making this thread is to poin out to everyone, that don't just rely on feedback you get... it might be wrong..and Amazon or any other affiliate program may do wonders for you (while it might not have worked for someone else.)

Moreover, you need to act, take action.
    I made about $1800 in 2 months, by sending targeted visitors, people who wanted to buy to Amazon, and it converted like CRAZY.
    After this experiment, I am also thinking of using 2nd tier PPC networks to drive traffic to Amazon. Trust me guys, just try, and it WILL work - sooner or later.

kgrad, May 12, 2010 IP
  2. aikidoka

aikidoka Peon

Best Answers:
    how many sites to get that amount? :)

aikidoka, May 12, 2010 IP
  3. kgrad

kgrad Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I added Amazon affiliate links on 10 sites in total, getting about 250-350 uniques daily (all 10 sites combined).

kgrad, May 12, 2010 IP
  4. Adraco

Adraco Active Member

Best Answers:
    One good site is, and will always be enough. Don't dabble with many, small all equally shitty sites. Invest hard work in quality and you will be rewarded! Because not very many have the patience, the knowleedge and the persistence to figth it out. It's a lt easier to build 100 small sites with 10 visitors per day each, than to build a site with 1000 visitors per day, but surely the 1000 per day will earn you more money.

So, again, for those who missed it:

Quality

Adraco, May 12, 2010 IP
  5. kgrad

kgrad Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have a different point of view on similar things:
    You mentioned QUALITY: I have never mentioned on this thread, on my blog, or anywhere at all, that your websites do not need to be good quality. Also, I do not think, that SMALL websites are not QUALITY websites. Quantity of content does not mean quality in my opinion. All websites that I build have quality content, not rehashed unreadable stuff.

So, yes, all my websites do well, and have good conversion rates, as I provide quality content.

Last edited: May 12, 2010
    kgrad, May 12, 2010 IP
  6. J1218

J1218 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nice job. That's awesome that all you did was plant the widgets and let them sit and you still made that much.

I'm just getting started with Amazon's program too because it seems like it has a ton of potential. I started a little case study on my blog in case you're interested in following along.

J1218, May 13, 2010 IP
  7. kerisblog

kerisblog Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    wow, awesome amount, really great job
    would you mind give me some advice, how you can do that from begining until you reach that
    probably because your site has been running a high traffic and stable,

kerisblog, May 13, 2010 IP
  8. bocahtuanakal

bocahtuanakal Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont see any exact strategy though.. btw where you from kgrad?

bocahtuanakal, May 14, 2010 IP
  9. freshdevelopment

freshdevelopment Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I am really pleased to see you say this - it is really, exactly about quality. Most people are wasting so much time with automated solutions, plugins etc. and they could easily invest that in a single good blog that would make them much more.

Quality!

freshdevelopment, May 14, 2010 IP
  10. kgrad

kgrad Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, that's what has got me excited. I installed the widgets on sites recieiving good targeted traffic, and the conversions were sky high. I am currently planning to test the waters with astores, and also increase traffic on my sites with PPC, because, if I buy traffic, I can really scale things easily and fast.

The truth is that I did nothing extraordinary.
    Find a low competition market. Make a website around it (promoting the market). Do usual SEO (on page and off page). Monetize with adsense/amazon/affiliate links.
    As simple as it may sound, this is the business strategy that I live on.

Just explained above. I am from India.

I second that.

kgrad, May 14, 2010 IP
  11. marshall_26

marshall_26 Peon

Best Answers:
    It really depends on the site... a site with well targeted traffic can sell amazon products good and make good $$ ... regardless of what some people say Amazon is one of the best, that is "if" you have the right site.
    A common mistake most people do is they don't fit the products to the site well enough, or the site just isn't right for it.

A gadgets review site with good traffic would do outstanding with Amazon, but a political blog might not do well at all!

Also all those little Amazon commissions add up, and the tier level increases... it's way better $ than adsense.

marshall_26, May 14, 2010 IP
  12. J1218

J1218 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've heard from almost everyone that's ever tried it that astores don't work very well. Not just people who think they don't work but people who have tested it out themselves.

Up to you if you want to test it or not, just puttin it out there.

Almost everyone says that using basic text links in their content yields the greatest conversions.

J1218, May 14, 2010 IP
  13. billybala

billybala Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing. I just start my new astore and hope can have the first sales soon!
    Should i target on selling one hot product only?

billybala, May 14, 2010 IP
  14. kgrad

kgrad Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I fully agree, I have been experimenting with text links, and they are working really well..I am not sure if astores can convert well, but I am trying..will posts results soon. :)

@billybala:

I have always made sites targeting niche products, i.e. if you are targeting nokia symbian series 60 phones, focus on those (different models), do not include content about iPhone or samsung phones. This is what has worked for me.

kgrad, May 14, 2010 IP
  15. Justinwh

Justinwh Guest

Best Answers:
    I had an astore and a site with posts promoting amazon products. The posts beat the astore hands down!

Justinwh, May 14, 2010 IP
  16. hhelen

hhelen Member

Best Answers:
    I too have tried astore a while back with very little conversion. I would say stick to text links in article - they work much better.

hhelen, May 15, 2010 IP
  17. etmcl

etmcl Peon

Best Answers:
    Congratulations on your success. I have found that the more targeted the site the better the Amazon sales will be. By focusing in on a certain model of a product I make more sales than trying to sell every model made.

etmcl, May 16, 2010 IP
  18. mt4928

mt4928 Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice job.
    Can you share technique for this. PPC or SEO better.

mt4928, May 17, 2010 IP
  19. kgrad

kgrad Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It is just plain and simple SEO, no PPC.

kgrad, May 17, 2010 IP
  20. marshallallen250

marshallallen250 Peon

Best Answers:
    how do u promot amazon products?

marshallallen250, May 18, 2010 IP