1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Macs and PayPal

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by gemini, Mar 23, 2005.

I have a Mac customer that is unable to login into my site under his user name although I can login under his name from a PC. Also, he wants to make a payment but says that PayPal doesn't work correctly with Mac. I have not experience with Mac's at all, how can I solve this issue? Client in Australia and I'm here in the US.

gemini, Mar 23, 2005 IP
  2. john_loch

john_loch Rodent Slayer

Best Answers:
    PM me.

I'm in Australia, and on a Mac (several actually). I've had no problems with Paypal and a Mac, but you should:

Get his browser type,
    Get his OS (ie classic or OSX.x)
    Get any specific data (ie the specific page/interface he's using. No need for confidential detail - just the basics.)

PM the dtails to me and I'll take a look for you. I know how annoying these statements can be when you're waiting for payment.

PS: It will take around 24 hours.. I'm rather busy at the moment.

Cheers,

JL

john_loch, Mar 23, 2005 IP
  3. Design Agent

Design Agent Peon

Best Answers:
    I am on a powerbook using Safari, paypal works fine to me.

Design Agent, Mar 23, 2005 IP
  4. ViciousSummer

ViciousSummer Ayn Rand for President! Staff

Best Answers:
    I accept and send payments via Paypal/Mac everyday. Perhaps they make the Macs different in Australia...;)

ViciousSummer, Mar 24, 2005 IP
  5. gemini

gemini Peon

Best Answers:
    .. tell me about it :) I'm working on a little program and dealing with realtors that promoting their own sites.. I have to spend a few hours on the phone with each person and all my instructions detailed till "click right mouse button on the blue icon on your desktop... oh, yeah I'm sorry - minimize the Internet Explorer first.."

gemini, Mar 24, 2005 IP
  6. john_loch

john_loch Rodent Slayer

Best Answers:
    Hi Gemini,

Been busy so took a while..
    I've taken a look and can't find any issues that would interfere with the payment interface. I do (unfortunately) use paypal, as a number of affiliate progs I'm involved with only pay through them.. and the majority of use is via Mac OSX, with various browser types.

I wish I could help further, but i don't see any issues with PP Aust. I tried the usual, IE, Firefox, Camino etc.. and didn't encounter anything i'd consider a showstopper.

Cheers,

JL

john_loch, Mar 24, 2005 IP
  7. gemini

gemini Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot for looking into this for me. Well, he will fax me the info. THanks again!

gemini, Mar 24, 2005 IP