1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

M$ to invest 5 Billion in Search?

Discussion in 'All Other Search Engines' started by anthonycea, Jul 29, 2004.

Will Mr. Gates be beat in the search business, or will he inflict pain on the competition, can Google be beat?

If money has anything to do with it, do not bet against M$, they can outspend or outbuy anyone, the only thing that will hold them back is Uncle Sam and he has not done a good job at it.

http://cbs.marketwatch.com/news/story.asp?guid={0CD90C5B-11AF-4E6A-9553-EA4FC9EA4537}&siteid=mktw&dist=nbk

anthonycea, Jul 29, 2004 IP
  2. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    'Investing $5 Billion'

It wouldn't be GOOG stock would it?

Let's hope they spend it well though... Could do with a SE without any shenanigans...

T0PS3O, Jul 29, 2004 IP
  3. Joel Naten

Joel Naten Guest

Best Answers:
    The usual microsoft is to wait until other companies figure out the new technology and then they try to buy their way in. However, I believe that search engine technology has a long way to go. The next generation in search engines could easily put current technology to shame. Whoever figures out how to better bring what people want to them, will be rich.

Joel Naten, Jul 29, 2004 IP
  4. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Bill Gates is the richest man on Earth, I do not think money is the factor for him on wanting to dominate search.

5. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yeah, he could simply pay everyone $10 per search to use his search engine if they can't build a better one.

digitalpoint, Jul 29, 2004 IP
  6. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Well Shawn, they just said they were going to distribute 73 Billion dollars to shareholders over the next 5 years as a special dividend.

Gates alone will get 3 Billion that he said he will give away through his foundation.

So do you think he wants to dominate search so he can make more money?

I know you did not say that so don't try to get back at me.

I am a fool for investing in penny stocks instead of buying M$ in 1986, but I was not so smart as a 26 year old former hippie at that time.

Just think Shawn, you would have never gotten the chance to have me on your forum since I would have owned some island right now if I would have bought M$ in 1986

Do you wish I would have bought M$ stock in 1986 Shawn?