1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

M$ to defeat Spyware

Discussion in 'Security' started by anthonycea, Jul 20, 2004.

M$ claims that their next service packs will stop spyware, this is something they have to do since the customers are quite tired of this Spyware problem.
    SEMrush
    In addition to that lawmakers are looking at the issue in a big way.

Now if Mr. Gates will get serious about ADWARE and Toolbars we will finally have a decent PC OS.

http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,1282,63440,00.html

My next box will be an APPLE anyway regardless of what M$ does since I am quite tired of all of the problems.

anthonycea, Jul 20, 2004 IP
    SEMrush
  2. mushroom

mushroom Peon

Best Answers:
    That would be nice if it ever happens....... in the mean time there is Linux.

mushroom, Jul 20, 2004 IP
    schlottke likes this.
  3. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I believe they also said Windows 2000 was uncrashable.

I doubt someone over there had an epiphany overnight and realized how to fix everything with a patch. :) They need to throw Windows away and rebuild a new OS from scratch in order to do it right.

Ultimately Windows is a huge kludge of code that patches previous versions of Windows, which really is a DOS program at the core. Time to throw it all away and do it right from the beginning if you ask me.

digitalpoint, Jul 20, 2004 IP
  4. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    The Digital Point OS? I can see it now, something you should look at?

Maybe you can get another OS up and running.

M$ is a money machine, windows is a brand that M$ will not need forever, it is not going to be needed in the long run anyway.

Mr. Gates knows that the network is the computer, it is just a matter of time before we are all hooked up to computing on demand, open source clients linked to giant data centers.

The convergence of TV and PC's is going to happen and Mr. Gates will junk windows in favor of a new OS when the convergence is complete.

M$ is creating this OS (internet digital TV) right now.

So instead of thinking network computer, think network digitial TV/computing.

anthonycea, Jul 20, 2004 IP
  5. schlottke

schlottke Peon

Best Answers:
    Interesting that they think theyve solved the whole problem - cant wait to see this one fail...

schlottke, Jul 20, 2004 IP
  6. Owlcroft

Owlcroft Peon

Best Answers:
    Linux is very nice in many ways, but I still maintain (and I'm scarcely The Lone Ranger here) that the best desktop OS ever made was--and, the crux, still is--OS/2.

Yes, boys and girls, it is still alive and well. And working a treat.

(It is now marketed as eComStation by Serenity Syetems, under license from IBM.)

Owlcroft, Jul 20, 2004 IP
  7. mushroom

mushroom Peon

Best Answers:
    I heard about OS/2 many years ago, and at the time heard it would be replaceing windows as the OS of buisness because of it's stablity and security, glad to hear that it still alive. But as the open source community is growing bigger and better by the minute my bet is on Linux

mushroom, Jul 21, 2004 IP
  8. Joel Naten

Joel Naten Guest

Best Answers:
    I agree with Shawn that MS will not fix their problems through patching. I bet that's why Longhorn is taking so long. Apple is too expensive. I like Apple products, like that new dual 2.5GHz G5 box they have looks awesome, but the price tag is just unreasonable.

Joel Naten, Jul 21, 2004 IP