1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Lunch money growing up

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by spiced, Dec 13, 2022.

How much lunch money were you guys given as kids. I got $30 every week on Sunday and usually by Tuesday i had already blown through it. It was workable lunch at my school was $4 bucks and then i could get a drink or something.

spiced, Dec 13, 2022 IP
  2. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I went to grade school in the early 1960's. It was $.25 for lunch. $.03 bought you a half pint of milk at recess time.

jrbiz, Dec 13, 2022 IP
  3. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    When your grandfather owned your company I saved up my lunch money to buy his Anti Theft Model tinfoil hat. The kids not only stole my lunch money, they also stole the tinfoil hat!:mad:

Spoiltdiva, Dec 13, 2022 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    The older models were a bit temperamental and had not been tested on nor approved for sale to children. That is why we did a complete design overhaul decades ago. Now, even babies can benefit from them!

jrbiz, Dec 13, 2022 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I was allowed to buy my lunch once a week, once I got to high school it was more effort than it was worth - queuing at the Tuck Shop etc. It was simpler to make lunch at home and hang out with friends. New Zealand doesn't have American-style canteens for kids unless it's a boarding school. Some schools are introducing breakfasts for kids but those are free.

sarahk, Dec 14, 2022 IP