1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Low payouts for US traffic on high paying CPC keywords

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by inflameous, Feb 6, 2015.

Hello guys, so about 2 weeks ago I started using adsense on a website in the weight loss niche, I have articles that target moderately high paying keywords from 2$ to up to 6$ (this is taken from keyword planner), the problem I'm facing is that my average cpc is $0.17 the highest payout for a click I got was $0.20 and that's for US traffic, I'm using a recommended ad size and there are also content related ads in the ad review center but I still get low payouts. Can anyone help me with some tips on maybe what I'm doing wrong?

inflameous, Feb 6, 2015 IP
  2. blogdum

blogdum Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe adsense is showing low cpc ads on your blog. You can block low cpc ads after analyzing ads on your site (not recommended though).
    There are many methods online.

blogdum, Feb 6, 2015 IP
  3. inflameous

inflameous Peon

Best Answers:
    How am I supposed to know which ones are paying low? Haven't seen the option of checking how much the particular ad is paying.

inflameous, Feb 6, 2015 IP
  4. captainworkaholic

captainworkaholic Peon

Best Answers:
    Low paying are based on the categories being targetted.

captainworkaholic, Feb 10, 2015 IP
  5. DinoJRG

DinoJRG Member

Best Answers:
    Here's another thought. Quality of traffic. Check your awstats and see the visitor by country stats. If you have a whole bunch of india/asian traffic crap then then you need to step up the quality of your visitors.

DinoJRG, Feb 10, 2015 IP
  6. inflameous

inflameous Peon

Best Answers:
    I specified in the title that it's US traffic

inflameous, Feb 11, 2015 IP
  7. jcw

jcw Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The CPC you see in Keyword Planner is for Adwords, not Adsense. It does not tell you what you will get per click using Adsense on your site. There is a big difference between the search network and the display network. Display network is a fraction of the search network cost because of poorer targeting, quality, and greater fraud.

jcw, Feb 12, 2015 IP
  8. mahnazkut

mahnazkut Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Agree, Also you see the specific niche adword price but Adsense will put more general ads to your page. Adsense works well for broad search terms. Adwords keyword planner is useless to find high CPC keywords, but useful to find highly competitive niche and search terms.

mahnazkut, Feb 12, 2015 IP