1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Low impressions since yahoo merge

Discussion in 'Bing Ads' started by tennismaster, Oct 30, 2010.

My impresions and click have not increased at all since the 25th of oct. They have even gotten worse. I had a previous adcenter account. So, now it seems I've just lost the yahoo traffic. Which was better than adcenter any day! Anyone else having this problem, or any suggestions on why this would happen?

tennismaster, Oct 30, 2010 IP
  2. Natively

Natively Active Member

Best Answers:
    ...what a keyword is.

Try looking at your Yahoo traffic logs - add the search terms (search terms, not keywords) you find there as keywords on AdCenter

Alternatively you can request from your (former?) Yahoo rep to send you the search terms your ads used to trigger under YSM's platform.

Good luck

Natively, Nov 3, 2010 IP
  3. sirjorgeofculver

sirjorgeofculver Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have noticed a similar trend for sure.

sirjorgeofculver, Nov 5, 2010 IP
  4. imkazu

imkazu Peon

Best Answers:
    It looks like many of their advertisers are affected by the merger
    I have yet to see someone getting more traffic since they merged with yahoo

imkazu, Nov 10, 2010 IP
  5. xclusiveit

xclusiveit Peon

Best Answers:
    now that they have merged do you you only need to set up one account or can you still have separate accounts ?

xclusiveit, Nov 20, 2010 IP
  6. herok

herok Guest

Best Answers:
    Since the moment I heard this merger thing,I have not been a fan of the integration.

That is why I migrated to Adcenter at the last moment on Oct 27.
    I suppose many people did much earlier.

I asked Yahoo if I could use my existing Yahoo account platform after the merger,but their reply is no.
    In other words I can still log in my existing Yahoo account,but I cannot operate SEM while I am logged in Yahoo account.
    I have to log in Adcenter and operate SEM there.
    I used to be happy with Yahoo SEM,but Not now any more for several reasons as you can see in my other threads.

herok, Nov 20, 2010 IP
  7. shrkscn

shrkscn Peon

Best Answers:
    You need to increase your bids & also the daily budget.. the budget will not be spent at all.. with a small budget, adcenter tries to spread impressions (guess google does the same thing)

shrkscn, Nov 25, 2010 IP
  8. ЄxDeus™

ЄxDeus™ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    im having issues droped around 80% in traffic..... only happend over the last 4 days any one else having lower traffic?

ЄxDeus™, Nov 25, 2010 IP
  9. whose

whose Peon

Best Answers:
    I was experiencing the same thing - much lower impressions than I would have expected from the combined accounts. I saw the suggestion for increasing the budget so Bing doesn't try to spread it out as much, so I bumped up 2x the previous monthly budget but so far it hasn't resulted in any significant increase.

whose, Jan 2, 2011 IP
  10. miken101

miken101 Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi
    solving a low impressions or traffic problem is a tricky subject, because it could be a number of reasons why it is low. Generally if your not getting as many impressions or practically none at all, this can be fixed by not just increasing your bids but optimizing your match types. Your budget has little to no affect on how often your shown, you can have a 10 dollar budget and still receive good impressions, It depends on how you optimize your matchtypes, the keywords you choose and how much you bid on them. General good rule of thumb is to use the broad match type if your having an impressions problem, this allows the customer to put your keyword into the search engine in any number of combinations. It simply gives your ad more of a chance to pull. Combine broad match with phrase, with a phrase match type the customer has to type your keyword in exactly as its shown, however they can put something infront of the word or in back and it will still pull for you.

Also you might want to try being placed on the content network. Your ad will be placed on microsoft affiliates sites also, which sites is based off of keyword relevance. Your ad will be placed on the closest matching affiliate site to your keyword. This will deffnitely increase your looks, be warned though, it could hurt your ctr% which also determines your positioning. The reason being, your going to get alot of looks, but the clicks might not equal up, there is just simply always a possibility that people coming to those sites arent looking for what you sell, you will get an impression however for you ad popping up.

The reality is that the way you have your account setup could be the problem you just have to try different combinations and see what works.

miken101, Jan 14, 2011 IP
  11. Natively

Natively Active Member

Best Answers:
    In my experience Yahoo's Content network is full of poor-performing websites.
    Content CTR shouldn't have an impact on Search CTR, since the 2 network types' impressions are regarded as 2 totally different "things".
    In fact if you see a very high CTR coming from one of the content (or search!) "partners" then it's probably click fraud. Meaning: traffic from a website that is not Yahoo, Bing or MSN.
    As an AdCenter advertiser you cannot choose to run your ads on Microsoft's content network only, but it's rather a mixed network of Yahoo and Microsoft "partners" or "affiliates". The same goes for their ""Search partners"".
    Therefore I'd stay out of there and focus on how to reach more quality search traffic.
    If you still want to try Content - bid much lower than on Search.

Natively, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  12. miken101

miken101 Guest

Best Answers:
    right, bid more toward search. Actually what you can do also..because content can be beneficial you just have to know how to work it, you can set up content and test the traffic that comes from the sites. Once you see which sites generate the most traffic, you can cut the underperforming sites out by doing website exclusion. This will save you time and money because you can cut out sites that arent within your target audience. Usually whats best to do is set up content in a different adgroup. Have one adgroup set to all content no search. Seperating content from search helps your ctr% in your search as well as your qbr. Let that adgroup and those keywords in the adgroup run for about a week to generate enough data to analyze. Once you have enough data ( check your adgroup to see if its generating any impressions or clicks) run a publishers report in adcenter. This will show you the websites that your content is advertised on, also which keywords are doing the best. Look at the trends, notice which sites get the most clicks and impressions. Once you have this data you can go back to your adgroup and cut out those underperforming keywords, as well as put those sites that arent generating, in the website exclusions box. Try it

miken101, Jan 17, 2011 IP
  13. ckweb

ckweb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've seen the exact opposite. You guys really need to update your campaigns!

1> Make sure you set your new monthly budget. It isn't daily like in Yahoo. So use your old daily x 30!
    2> Make sure your budget is set to "display until depleted". This will make sure they display your ads whenever possible.
    3> Update your keyword bids. You might have more competition before. Search your keywords on Bing or Yahoo and see where your ad is displaying - you might be in for a surprise.

ckweb, Jan 27, 2011 IP