1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Low earning on adsense

Discussion in 'Reporting & Stats' started by jajcanin, Feb 9, 2012.

Hi
    I have around 20 000 pageviews daily and only 2-4€ earnings... Anyone know what posistion are best for funny site with most picture on it, please pm me because i dont want to live link here..

jajcanin, Feb 9, 2012 IP
  2. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Most pictures means very low CTR, which means also very low RPM. So your only bet is to increase your CTR to a maximum which will hardly go over 1% anyway, if you have perfect ad placement..

Good luck with it, pictures only is really not good for adsense and not only because of CTR/RPM but also because of the risks involved of being banned for copyright infrigment. The fact that you are reluctant to post a link is also telling a lot, that you may be aware of this problem.. Good luck with that.

JamesColin, Feb 20, 2012 IP
  3. webogre

webogre Peon

Best Answers:
    Beware of placing ads in line with images or in a way that image ads can be confused with images. you could get an adsense ban for that.

webogre, Feb 22, 2012 IP
  4. alfredfreud

alfredfreud Peon

Best Answers:
    place adds above the fold, blend the background. place link adds in vicinity of pictures. it will improve

alfredfreud, Feb 25, 2012 IP
  5. webogre

webogre Peon

Best Answers:
    Had a look at your site. The amazing thing is that you are getting 20k pageviews a day despite the fact that your site is very poorly optimized for SE.

1. Low CTR could be because your site is in a foreign language. is it croatian? The competition could be low and you might not be getting very relevant ads.
    2. secondly there aren't much relevant ads for niche funny pictures.
    3. you can try placing a leaderboard under your menu. Or between rows of images. that will help ctr a bit. Try contrasting ad colors. Make sure you are very well aware of Adsense policy about aligning ads with images. what is acceptable and what will get you a ban.

MOST important. when i visited your site, there were thumbnails at bottom containing nude images, supposedly funny ones. Putting adsense on a site that contains adult content? Thats a serious adsense policy violation. All the CTR and optimization will go down the drain if you get banned. fix that asap Or go for ad services that allow adult content.

webogre, Feb 27, 2012 IP