1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Low CTR

Discussion in 'Google' started by Gcbeehler, Mar 11, 2011.

So like many of you, I have a blog. I get about 200 uniques a day (~4,000 - 6,000/mo). The page views are low though. I don't know what to do to improve that. Also, looking at google analytics, it says my bounce rate is about 70% while Alexa is telling me it' about 30-40%. I think Google has a better idea, but it's definitely not that high either.

Either way, I know I need to improve that, but I do get quite a bit of repeat users, so I know something is working. My content is all over the place, because well it's a real blog, with various topics discussed. How and what can I do to make it more profitable?

I read a few other posts, and it seems a lot of you had really good suggestions for color schemes, ad placement, ad sizes, etc. So I'd love it if you could help me too!

Many thanks!

Downtroddenindc

Gcbeehler, Mar 11, 2011 IP
  2. Gcbeehler

Gcbeehler Peon

Best Answers:
    Mine isn't quite $0, but the CTR is less than 1% and even then the payout on the clicks is low.

Gcbeehler, Mar 12, 2011 IP
  3. zindadilpakistan

zindadilpakistan Peon

Best Answers:
    Well i guess there are following reasons:

Here are some reasons :

1. Bad Keywords that might bring visitors who are not looking for you content

2. Try unusual forms of adsense

3. Embed ads in your content

zindadilpakistan, Mar 12, 2011 IP
  4. aashishmohit

aashishmohit Peon

Best Answers:
    i also have a same problem with my site.
    I dont know what is happening !

aashishmohit, Mar 21, 2011 IP