1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Low conversion on website. Why? Pls. help. PUNISH US ;)

Discussion in 'Websites' started by SpaceRider, Aug 17, 2016.

Hello, we need help. Recently we have launched the English version of our startup - SORGE. It's web-service for monitoring changes of information on websites. It handles changes in content, sitemaps and meta-tags on websites with any scale. SORGE is usefull for monitoring big websites and online stores. We are different from similar projects due to new level of data visualization and technology to reduce information noise.

BUT! We have a very low conversion in the English version of our website. In other words, users from the US, Canada and GB don’t want to register in our service. Tell us please why such a low conversion on website? WE WILL BE GRATEFUL FOR ANY CRITICISM AND COMMENTS. :)

Link - http://sorge.pro/eng

Thank you.

SpaceRider, Aug 17, 2016 IP
  2. Malhar Infoway

Malhar Infoway Peon

Best Answers:
    I think some content missing. Remember, content is king. Write on home page about the website or do some. Also now a days, people not reading too much content. Please add a video tutorial about your website. I hope this helps.

Malhar Infoway, Aug 18, 2016 IP
  3. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    content is only king to a certain degree. You can have great content, however, there are other
    factors also that can keep your site down. What facts do you have that people are not reading content?
    they obvious cant read the content if the content is not in front of them to read...There are millions
    of content based sites that are making money on their content, so how are they making money
    if no one is reading the content? He needs to hire someone that can guide him correctly...

Having content is no guarantee of success...
    So the phrase "content is king" is just one factor that is needed...
    content is not the only factor in the success of a website....

The op needs to hire someone to audit his site that can give him
    the facts that he needs so he can move to the next level, however,
    without going to the site, here are some things to look for...

1: Do you have appealing site design?
    2: Is your site mobile ready, and optimized?
    3: How is your on-page seo?
    4: Are you adding content on regular basis?
    5: Is your content helpful, and useful?
    6: good content alone is not enough; Are you
    adding high quality backlinks on a regular basis?
    7: Do you engage in social media?

op: hire someone that audit your site...
    this way, you can get a full detailed report....

Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
    dscurlock, Aug 18, 2016 IP
  4. CafaMagician80

CafaMagician80 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Don't sell the service as monitoring. Monitoring is just what you do in order to solve a problem.

It wasn't clear to me which problem of mine are you solving so I didn't bother to sign up.

CafaMagician80, Aug 18, 2016 IP
    Bolts, Samo and sarahk like this.
  5. Samo

Samo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Looking at your site it seems quite obvious why the conversion is poor. And there is almost never just one reason ...
    • Conversion depends as much on the sources and quality of traffic as it does on the quality of the landing pages.
    • You did not say where you are getting your traffic from so I will assume it is natural search traffic ... in that case your traffic (visitor expectation) does not match what they find when they arrive. You need significant on page SEO improvements ...
    • Your title tag and for half your home page does not seem to have much in the way of search phrases. Nobody searches for "SORGE - We service to monitor ..." or any of the initial phrases in the title tag. And the English (we service to monitor) is incorrect. Maybe you meant to say "We provide a service to monitor ..." ... but that is not good for search traffic.
    • The 'first fold' has a video in the background ... it attracts attention but is hard to see what it is showing and when looking at it, one doe snot really have enough background info about what your site is offering.
    • Search engines do not always display to the visitor the contents of the 'description' meta tag. And even if they did, yours is too long and starts much worse than it ends. In other words the engines will cut off the best part near the end. Way back when I did do SEO, I think, the safe limit in Google results was 160 characters. Write a better description so the search clients are not only compelled to click but also know exactly what they get.
    • For all the times that your description tag is ignored and some piece of text is picked up from your home page to be displayed, you have very little text with the correct keywords. Therefore some search results will incorrectly list your site (to the wrong search clients) and will show a poor description of what you do ... result traffic that is not actually looking for your service.
    • I highly recommend you use the services of a copywriter
    • More on SEO ... your logo does not link to your home page ... minor point but it all adds up
    • Unless I missed it, there is no language meta in the source of your home page. You are leaving the engines to decide what language your site is in. Remember they don't see the page as we do. They see the code behind it. I spotted a .ru in there somewhere. What if that gives the bots the impression your site is suited to Russian traffic! I am purely speculting and have no idea what they think but your page leaves to think whatever they want. And if they send you traffic with the the wrong language ... do you see how that hurts your conversions?!

Here is one place to get you started:
      https://www.w3.org/International/questions/qa-http-and-lang

• By the time I read down to the price/order you have not made the case for why I need this service. As CafaMagician said (in effect) you have to show/tell me what problem you are solving ... goes back to copy writing. And competition in the English language is much more fierce than in other languages ... because English started as the language of the internet and the web. So your sales copy has to be seriously good.
    • Finally, I think your template is very clever in showing the background video but is letting you down in some major and very basic technical aspects of your site design. And that too impacts your conversion.
    I wish you every success
    Samo

Samo, Aug 19, 2016 IP
  6. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    This is why the avg joe site never gets off the ground...
    You just about have to be an expert...

1: Site development or hire one...
    2: Content writing, or hope the person you hire has skills.
    (you need to know exactly what to say, and how to say it....)
    3: Marketing, SEM, Link building, again, people tend to go cheap....
    4: On-page SEO, most have no clue...

Before you know it:

1: Your content is not great.
    2: Your marketing efforts are poor.
    3: You have poor seo skills...

Before you know it:

Your site has tanked...
    and your conversions are zero....

thanks
    fiverr

dscurlock, Aug 19, 2016 IP
  7. SpaceRider

SpaceRider Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello everyone. Thank you very much for your help. Your recommendations were very helpful. We have redesigned our website. Look at it please, he is now a better place?
    http://sorge.pro/eng

PS
    In gratitude, I am ready to give anyone a free subscription to our service for three months. Just tell me which email address you are registered. You can write here, or a private message.

SpaceRider, Aug 26, 2016 IP