1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Love Letter from Google

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by angellica2017, Oct 11, 2006.

Q : May I put the google adsense code outside the webpage area? (I guess placing the code at .js extensions is more secure)

A : We ask that you don't alter the ad code in any way. Because you'll be unable to properly link to the ad code in a manner that will allow ads to displayed while not changing the original code, we ask that you don't do this.

Q : May I put some variations at google adsense code without modifying the original code? (Using some script that I've added above/below the original code without any modification at the original code)

A : Again, publishers aren't permitted to change the ad code or the ads' intended behavior in any way. Please keep in mind that while it's possible to alter the behavior of ads without altering the ad code, this is not in compliance with our policies.

Q : May I encrypt my webpage in order to save my source code from another publisher? Would it be gives any affect for googlebot when crawling my webpage caused by those encryption?

A : We unfortunately don't currently support encrypted sites for the AdSense program.

Q : Am I allowed for promoting my website to my friends at online chat or online community? (NOT ASKING CLICKS!)

A : You may advertise your site as long as you don't do so with the use of unsolicited emails, posts or announcements.

Q : Is it allowed for displaying the google ads code at any sharing revenue forum?

A : Please note that Google does not endorse or encourage the use of ad code rotation. We recommend that you review the AdSense Terms and Conditions found on https://www.google.com/adsense/localized-terms, and exercise caution if you choose to rotate the ad code on your forum. All AdSense participants are responsible for ensuring that pages showing their ad code comply with AdSense policies and that invalid clicks are not generated on sites showing their ads.

Q : Is it allowed for placing another advertiser's search box along together with Google search box at one webpage?

A : Google's Adsense for search box may not be placed on the same page as a competitive search product.

Q : If my visitors open my ads in a new tab/window, is this would be categorized as invalid click?

A : In order to protect your interests as well as those of our advertisers, Google monitors clicks on Google ads to prevent any abuse of the AdSense program. Google's proprietary technology analyzes all ad clicks for invalid click activity that is intended to artificially drive up an advertiser's clicks or a publisher's earnings. This includes right clicks on ads that may be used to open the source in a new tab or window.

Hope it useful for y'all

angellica2017, Oct 11, 2006 IP
  2. currenz

currenz Peon

Best Answers:
    If revenue sharing site is generating invalid clicks, who would be responsible for these invalid clicks? All participants? Or whoever's ads showing on the page that is generating invalid clicks?

regards

currenz, Oct 11, 2006 IP
  3. angellica2017

angellica2017 Peon

Best Answers:
    that's what I got from Scott

angellica2017, Oct 12, 2006 IP
  4. Expecting-Mums

Expecting-Mums Peon

Best Answers:
    so ads revenue sharing not allowed?? are u sure??

Expecting-Mums, Oct 12, 2006 IP
  5. flizz

flizz Peon

Best Answers:
    That was a great interview with folks at Adsense, Thanks... but still I wonder why revenue sharing is against the TOS

flizz, Oct 12, 2006 IP
  6. flizz

flizz Peon

Best Answers:
    When I asked them, they said its OK until only ads from one publisher is shown on the page at a time.

flizz, Oct 12, 2006 IP
  7. hextraordinary

hextraordinary Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    "endorse or encourage" does not mean not allowed. It's not encouraged because the publisher have no control over the content. But this would be true to any user generated content site.

hextraordinary, Oct 12, 2006 IP
  8. hextraordinary

Best Answers:
    The publisher who "owns" the ads that were clicked.

9. n.b

n.b Peon

Best Answers:

This is so unfair. The publisher may get banned for no fault of his/her own. Alot of people right clicks to open pages. I myself used to do it before becoming a google ad publisher with good intention.

n.b, Oct 12, 2006 IP
  10. hextraordinary

Best Answers:
    They don't say right clicking is not allowed, only that it's monitored the same as regular links.

11. angellica2017

angellica2017 Peon

Best Answers:
    Google's proprietary technology analyzes all ad clicks for invalid click activity that is intended to artificially drive up an advertiser's clicks or a publisher's earnings.

So... don't worry about the right click!

angellica2017, Oct 12, 2006 IP
  12. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ok so anyone can make a revenue sharing forum?
    and people can post they're publisher id on adsense revenue sharing fosums and display ads there without any problems?

slayer, Jan 7, 2007 IP
  13. asapcorp

asapcorp Banned

Best Answers:
    thanks for sharing with us angellica2017.

asapcorp, Jan 7, 2007 IP
  14. pogung177

pogung177 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Angelica, you have been submit great post. So, i now no wonder create site with revenue sharing.

pogung177, Feb 13, 2007 IP
  15. guniwan

guniwan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How about Author Adsense Plugins for wordpress out there, is it allowed or not? thanks

guniwan, Aug 30, 2008 IP
  16. Lordo

Lordo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for sharing this.
    I wanted to ask about this: If I have a style sheet the controls how buttons and test boxes appear and this affected the appearance of the search form, is this OK?

Lordo, Aug 30, 2008 IP