1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Lots of New Writers Here

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by jhmattern, Jan 4, 2008.

Is it just me, or are there suddenly lots of new copywriters and new content writers hanging around on DP? It's nice to finally see some active discussions going on again in the Copywriting section, that's for sure! :)

I'm just curious how people are finding out about the forum. If you're new, how did you find out about DP, and what's attracting you to it as a writer?

jhmattern, Jan 4, 2008 IP
  2. webgal

webgal Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmmm. I am new here but certainly not new to copywriting as I've been doing it over 20 years. I guess I lurked for about a week and decided that was ridiculous and I should join. I guess I liked that it had a variety of different kinds of writers.

Thanks for asking JH.

webgal, Jan 4, 2008 IP
  3. CoolCopy

CoolCopy Peon

Best Answers:
    I had joined some time ago, but then found myself too busy to
    join in the fun :D

That all changed at the beginning of this year, as I let about half
    of my clients go; and am focusing more on my students, and dabbling
    in the internet marketing arena.

I've been a CW/Marcom Consultant for a little over 20 years now, and
    made the move online about a year and a half ago. I like the idea of
    being able to reach more people who are interested in learning about
    copywriting, which is why I think DP appeals to me so much.

Plus, I just love getting to meet new writers! It's a really nice change
    after spending the majority of my career offline, having little interaction
    with other creatives/copywriters :D

CoolCopy, Jan 4, 2008 IP
  4. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I do have to say I'm impressed with the caliber of the bulk of new writers here that I've seen. We're getting many more intelligent posts on professional issues facing freelance writers, and I say it's about time! :)

5. Seasidewriter

Seasidewriter Peon

Best Answers:
    I have only been freelancing for a year, but all went well in 2007. I knew I had to gear up for 2008, so just before Christmas I did a lot of cyber-surfing to learn more about freelance writing and to perhaps network with other writers. Not for jobs per se, but rather for the camaraderie.

Jenn, I must confess, I learned about DP from your website, and joined DP, because it looked like a very active forum.

I don’t really classify myself as a copywriter or content writer, but just a writer. (I’ll write anything!) I have learned a lot here already and I get what we call in surfing “stoke.”

Seasidewriter, Jan 4, 2008 IP
  6. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Well I'm glad you found it through one of my sites. :) Networking with other writers is definitely important, so stick with that. :)

7. internetauthor

internetauthor Peon

Best Answers:
    Excellent post, Jenn! I was going to start a "roll call" post soon, but I think you've beat me to it!

I'm glad to see so many other intelligent writers around here, too. :)

Rebecca

internetauthor, Jan 4, 2008 IP
  8. WriterMLH

WriterMLH Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello,
    I just joined as well and I heard about this site from another job board that I frequent. I am glad that I have made this another one of my procrastination tools because it really has already benefited my writing career. I thank you all for all of the great advice and motivation you give.
    I started freelance writing in 2007 and I am happy to be taking it into 2008. I have already been able to increase my rates because of experience and confidence in my work. I hope to continue on this success and do much more work in my niche. :)

WriterMLH, Jan 4, 2008 IP
  9. ashvaj

ashvaj Active Member

Best Answers:
    Fresh flow is always rejuvinating.New writers will also feel a warmth here on DP. This is a gift for the new year.We hope that DP will enter in to new era this time. I have been extremely busy with some essentials but Jen's words inspired me back.

ashvaj, Jan 4, 2008 IP
  10. latoya

latoya Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've been loving the more active forum too! Welcome to new writers and new-to-DP writers too :) Good luck to you in the new year!

latoya, Jan 5, 2008 IP
  11. godofwriting

godofwriting Banned

Best Answers:
    Somebody told me people sell AdWords vouchers on DP so I just dropped by. But ironically, I haven't bought a single voucher yet. Guess that's because I looked around and found that there was more to DP than just voucher hawkers.... ;)

DP rules.

godofwriting, Jan 5, 2008 IP
  12. digitalmatch

digitalmatch Peon

Best Answers:
    Heard a friend of mine talking about DP. I like what I see thus far. I hope I will be able to contribute to this community and we can all learn from each other.

digitalmatch, Jan 5, 2008 IP
  13. jenny123

jenny123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks to Jenn to give us all such a warm welcome here at DP. :)

Just same as another new member said, even i am new here in DP but not new to writing. As for me: I sleep eat drink writing as it is my passion. I am into this work for about 2 years now. Although knew about DP long back but did not get time to take part into it, then it slipped my mind. Recently as i was browsing through your site, i again came across DP and thought to give it a shot. So, here I am. :)

jenny123, Jan 5, 2008 IP
  14. Tudi

Tudi Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm new! Hugz please.
    Very nice to see a community-in-community on these sub-forums. Although we might be competing for the same projects at some point, I'm sure there's a lot of stuff that we can learn from one another. After all, a good writer is a good reader first :)

Best

Tudi, Jan 5, 2008 IP
  15. drc4417

drc4417 Peon

Best Answers:
    I wrote a couple copies and both were setting record sales for the people promoting the pages, so it gave me a whole lot of good copy writing jobs for some big marketers. hats pretty much my deep month story :-p

drc4417, Jan 5, 2008 IP
  16. vabeaty

vabeaty Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I was actually referred to DP from a client. He told me that there were very intelligent writers here and that I could learn so much, which I have:) The Copywriter's forum has been my manual for writing since I found it a few months ago:D

vabeaty, Jan 6, 2008 IP
  17. Tudi

Tudi Peon

Best Answers:
    And people are so friendly here :) Not like in the SEO forum where everyone's a Guru :X

Tudi, Jan 6, 2008 IP
  18. Creative Content

Creative Content Banned

Best Answers:
    I found this place through a post on Associated Content. I am certainly glad I did, as it's been a nice supplement to my freelance load.

Creative Content, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  19. webgal

webgal Peon

Best Answers:
    There are a lot more web marketers who present themselves as gurus or millionaires. In reality, they are projecting this gallant image to jumpstart business and inspire client confidence. I find there are fewer people who really know marketing, simply people who have a formula that works for now for what they have and a team of buddies to help them execute it.

It's nice to find intelligent conversation and less emphasis on hot shot image and get rich quick schemes.

webgal, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  20. webgal

webgal Peon

Best Answers:
    Welcome mkb23c

webgal, Jan 7, 2008 IP