1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Lots of $$ from ebay Oct screw up

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by SiCK, Dec 9, 2005.

If you look at your commission detail statements by posting date of yesterday you will find the ebay finally paid up on the Oct screw up. I'm quite happy with the payout, more than I expected. The "Event date" will have 31-Oct marked. I also noticed a few event dates of Dec 1, I guess they fixed that too.

SiCK, Dec 9, 2005 IP
  2. AfterHim.com

AfterHim.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Guess I am confused...I saw a deposit a couple days ago...that what you are talking about?

AfterHim.com, Dec 9, 2005 IP
  3. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The new stuff you see with an event date of October 31 is a 3 part setup...

Part 1 is a "make good" for a tracking outage they had (this of course is a one time thing for that outage).

Part 2 is a "makeup" for certain tracking issues in October:

• Rapid fire bidding – We have not been able to track all Winning Bids occurring as a result of rapid fire bidding. This issue is a result of de-duplication logic in place which prevents duplicate transactions from being posted.
    • International Listings – Listings originating on international versions of the eBay site are not captured as revenue events for the U.S. Affiliate program.
    • Delayed Revenue Reporting – In less than 5% of transactions, a fraction of revenue is reported after the close of the auction. Our infrastructure is not currently able to correlate this “trailing” revenue with Affiliate actions.
    This has been fixed going forward (as of Dec 1), so there is going to be one more "makeup" for November. I was told we should see that in the next week and will also be included in the upcoming payment.

Part 3 is some of your 6.5% withholding from October. This is something you will see every month (2 months following), so next month you will get the leftover for November. eBay withholds 6.5% of your commissions to account for possible returns. You get whatever is left over once they are accounted for.

digitalpoint, Dec 9, 2005 IP
  4. SiCK

SiCK Peon

Best Answers:
    You're right Shawn, just got another chunk like the ones yesterday, event date Nov-30 .. guess that's the 6.5% for November.. good couple of days :)

SiCK, Dec 9, 2005 IP
  5. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    No, it should be the November "makeup" (part 2 from above). The 6.5% holdback shouldn't hit until the beginning of January.

6. SiCK

SiCK Peon

Best Answers:
    Looking through the downloaded commission detail data, yesterday I got $ from:

October Make Good
    October Withholding Credit

and today I got:

November Withholding Credit

Are you saying they are going to give me a "Make up" credit too?

SiCK, Dec 9, 2005 IP
  7. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I think the transactions where labeled wrong on accident to be honest.

8. SiCK

SiCK Peon

Best Answers:
    I can't make sense out of this, how did you find out about the November make up? First time I heard of that. And how did you find out that all the problems are fixed since Dec 1st? Did I miss an broadcast email somewhere?

SiCK, Dec 9, 2005 IP
  9. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yeah, there was an email somewhere.

10. Sharpseo

Sharpseo Peon

Best Answers:
    edit - were these problems just with ebay, or CJ-wide?

I know tracking these transactions isn't simple, but I'm a little disturbed by the way CJ said the entire time that the problem was with reporting, not tracking. I sent thousands of clicks in october, hardly any sales (this are small $ items, not cars or something). I'm still sketched out about the entire affiliate thing, but there are some areas I'd really like to expand into that affiliate is really the best way to go.

Is it best to wait until you have the kind of volume that can get you your own account manager at CJ? I imagine it would be much easier to get problems resolved at that point.

Sharpseo, Dec 10, 2005 IP
  11. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Truthfully I wouldn't worry about it too much. In my experience CJ has always retroactively paid when something went wrong (like now).

digitalpoint, Dec 10, 2005 IP
  12. SiCK

SiCK Peon

Best Answers:
    OT: I noticed you have a Yorkie in your avator, you should promote what you like, Yorkie products are big, my father is in the "Yorkie in crowd" know the world champion owners.

... Shawn, I assumed the problems are on ebay's side, not CJ, and assuming ebay not CJ is "making good"... from what I see, ebay tracks all sales/commisions and uploads them to ebay. CJ can track clicks but little else.

SiCK, Dec 10, 2005 IP
  13. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You are right (for the most part). But last year CJ had an outage (router went down) where they obviously couldn't track clicks or anything else. A make good came out of CJs pockets for all affiliates (across all programs) for that.

digitalpoint, Dec 10, 2005 IP
  14. SiCK

SiCK Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't remember that, it couldn't been down for long. You are so in the know Shawn, thanx for the forums!

SiCK, Dec 10, 2005 IP
  15. KGL

KGL Peon

Best Answers:
    Yep. Go my screwup money as well.

KGL, Dec 10, 2005 IP