1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Lot of clicks on order page but 10 percent sales?

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by mortality, May 30, 2016.

I know that have 1 to 10 conversion rate is good, but i'm talking about conversions from order pages, why people click on "ORDER NOW" if they did not want to buy my product? only to see price or what?

mortality, May 30, 2016 IP
  2. robinbd4u

robinbd4u Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think sometimes they click order button to see the payment method or they want to know how will have to pay ?

But why this ? Listen some currencies or payment gateway does not support every country, like paypal does not support Bangladesh. Now If I am going to buy something from web site shopping cart then I have to click on order button to see final payment options. I think people do it for this reason. All shopping cart payment option or checkout option is not same.

robinbd4u, May 30, 2016 IP
    Aaron111 likes this.
  3. mortality

mortality Banned

Best Answers:
    I have clicks only from USA and USA available as shipping country, i think soon i will implement online chat on my site to find out why this people just clicking on order and then not making sales

mortality, May 30, 2016 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I often have to start the order process to get an idea on the cost of shipping.

Take Eastbay as an example. They calculate shipping after you've started the cart so I have to give a heap of information before I get the info I want. Some items I end up being able to buy locally for the same price (less risk, can return, can try on, receive immediately), other times that 4th item raises the shipping cost unreasonably so I ditch it and only buy 3.

You really need to look at your traffic, what path they take to get to your order page. Is there are chance that they are checking to see if you are legit and there is something turning them off?

sarahk, May 30, 2016 IP
  5. Lucid Web Marketing

Lucid Web Marketing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There's all kinds of reasons people may not follow through to complete the transaction. If you don't mention the price on your page and clicking the order button is the only way to find the price, that's one reason. You should therefore mention how much your product is. Maybe they find it too expensive for the perceived value.

Other reason is a poor checkout. I have a client where they decided to use a different software and the conversions went down. I did not know this but I did see the results in Adwords. I guess visitors found it too confusing. A month later, the client switches back to the previous software and it was like night and day, conversions went back up.

Also, if you ask for too much, especially if the information asked for does not seem relevant, you'll have cart abandonment.

Make your cart as simple and easy as possible. When someone clicks "Buy", the next page should be where to ship, itemized costs, any other costs like shipping and a confirm button. The next page should be a thank you for the purchase and that's it, no more pages.

Lucid Web Marketing, May 31, 2016 IP
    sarahk likes this.