1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Lost my FB Personal Profile when I converted to a FB Page

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by highred, Feb 7, 2015.

Hello,

I converted my personal FB account to a Page since I use it mostly for business. Now I cannot see my personal FB account on my MacBook Air. It appears that I can see it on my iPad and iPhone, but seems limited.

I am a moderator of a FB Page through my personal FB account that we use to answer questions from people we work with. (Called Team HVA). Now I cannot access this FB Page any longer and I have people that are waiting for me to respond to them. It is a help Page.

Some people have said that I just need to "toggle" between my Page and Personal Account and that I can do that in settings, but I cannot find that anywhere. I have also been told my personal FB account is "gray". I have no idea what that means.

Please help me to understand how I can get access to my personal FB profile!

Thank you so much!

Rob Caldwell

highred, Feb 7, 2015 IP
  2. China_girl

China_girl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If your Page is owned and managed by your personal FB account, then usually you should get an option all the time when you comment or post something on your Page or even on your profile page. Even when you comment, we get an option on the right side of the bar, asking if you wish to comment, post or like it as your Page or your personal profile. I have many different kind of Pages in my personal FB accounts and that is one of the reasons, I dont wish to convert my personal account to any Page. Also I have to be always careful whenever I post an article or a video, since I have to re-check on which page its getting posted.

China_girl, Feb 7, 2015 IP
  3. Popularity Rank

Popularity Rank Active Member

Best Answers:
    Facebook invented a "Marge" option between personal page and business/fan page. But Facebook didn't provide any opposite option. It's a big negative point of Facebook. If anybody 'merged' his/her personal profile page with business page by mistake, then he/she never can't comeback.

I also troubled with same problem and lost my FB profile page last year. It's a big negative point of Facebook.

Popularity Rank, Feb 14, 2015 IP
  4. highred

highred Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I finally received my personal FB account back. I had to send FB a copy of my Drivers License and they reactivated my personal account AND let me keep my FB business Page! I do not understand why this could not happen to when I created the Page! Whew!

highred, Feb 14, 2015 IP
  5. Popularity Rank

Best Answers:
    Woooo, great !!!

"copy of my Drivers License" - could you please tell me what kind of driver license you sent them? I also need to try me recover my FB account.

Popularity Rank, Feb 14, 2015 IP
  6. highred

highred Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    What kind of Driver's License??? The kind that provides a license for me to drive a car in the State of North Carolina...

highred, Feb 14, 2015 IP
  7. TwistedCreations

TwistedCreations Peon

Best Answers:
    I've had a question I've been seeking an answer to for some time now. I too have a personal Facebook account and I also have a Facebook page for my business/blog as well. I dislike that every time I do want to comment on something through Facebook it does not allow me post using my business Facebook page and makes me switch to my personal profile. Because of this I have considered converting my personal Facebook page into my business page. As an aspiring blogger would you suggest this or perhaps you may have a suggestion that I haven't thought of nor knew about. Thank You in advance;)

TwistedCreations, Feb 18, 2015 IP
  8. Popularity Rank

Best Answers:
    I think you want to "marge" between your personal and business pages on FaceBook.

Popularity Rank, Feb 21, 2015 IP