1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Lost My Excel Icon

Discussion in 'Bing' started by Jake Howard, Sep 21, 2012.

Hi All,

I was trying to put a shortcut to excel on my desktop, by clicking on the start bar > Program Files > Microsoft Office and I then dragged Excel from here and placed in on my desktop.

What has happened however, is that it has completed removed Excel from the Microsoft Office folder, and while the shortcut appears on the desktop, it has lost the official Excel logo, and is simply display the default logo.

Does anyone have any idea on what I have done, and how I go about getting Excel back into the Microsoft Office folder, and also getting the proper logo on my desktop.

Cheers

Jake

Jake Howard, Sep 21, 2012 IP
  2. facelook

facelook Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    are you using a pirated version?

facelook, Sep 22, 2012 IP
  3. Jake Howard

Jake Howard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No, fully licensed version.

Jake Howard, Sep 22, 2012 IP
  4. lolpasslol

lolpasslol Peon

Best Answers:
    Reinstall it,
    I think the icon will come back.

lolpasslol, Sep 26, 2012 IP
  5. johhny-marshal

johhny-marshal Peon

Best Answers:
    It would not happen. When we drag something in computer to any other place e.g. one location to another, it creates a copy of it only, but not removing it from the previous place. If it is showing you a lost shortcut icon on desktop, right click it and go to properties. Click open folder and search the location of MS Excel. You will find a shortcut icon of MS Excel. Click it and click OK.

johhny-marshal, Sep 26, 2012 IP