1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Lost google rankings.

Discussion in 'SEO' started by zubizubi, Jun 9, 2012.

1. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Definitely not. Putting aside the fact they have stated several times, including at SMX, that it doesn't happen, why would they? Not all websites using Google Analytics, so it would be stupidity to use it as a ranking factor. Secondly, a high bounce rate (the usual one tinfoilhats believe Google uses against them) doesn't mean the site is bad. The page they landed on answered the question, or they clicked on an ad, or another outbound link. After reading the page, did the visitor share it socially? Email it? Blog about it? Any of those actions could have taken place and it's a good result.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2012
    ryan_uk, Jun 9, 2012 IP
  2. spids

spids Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yea I guess.

spids, Jun 9, 2012 IP
  3. zubizubi

zubizubi Active Member

Best Answers:
    What do you say Ryan? Should I remove it?

zubizubi, Jun 9, 2012 IP
  4. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    Well, if you want to be paranoid and believe the tinfoilhats myths, then go for it. But there is no reason to - you would miss out on valuable data and gain nothing.

ryan_uk, Jun 9, 2012 IP
  5. zubizubi

zubizubi Active Member

Best Answers:
    But what is your opinion about this?

zubizubi, Jun 9, 2012 IP
  6. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    No, don't remove it. I use it on every site I own. The data from Google Analytics and Webmaster tools is very useful and has helped me improve my sites.

ryan_uk, Jun 9, 2012 IP
  7. zubizubi

zubizubi Active Member

Best Answers:
    Okay I have not removed it from my site. However I am using go-stats from a long time. SO according to you what may be the possible reason of downfall of my rank and how can I correct this issue?

zubizubi, Jun 9, 2012 IP
  8. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    A few things. Your keywords meta tag - they aren't used any more for ranking, but it's a potential spam indicator. Well, looking at yours, it really is spammy.

Secondly, your backlinks are very unnatural (again, I refer you to the article I linked and Google's Webmaster Guidelines). Read all that stuff and you'll understand why your rank fell and how to gain rank.

ryan_uk, Jun 10, 2012 IP
  9. zubizubi

zubizubi Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you once again. Please tell me how to use my keywords meta tag?

zubizubi, Jun 10, 2012 IP
  10. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    Don't use it. It's irrelevant.

ryan_uk, Jun 10, 2012 IP
  11. Andres Solutions

Andres Solutions Member

Best Answers:
    Google Analytics have nothing to do with rankings. Google analytics are part of Google webmaster tools and are a way provided by Google to help webmasters improve their sites. No need to take down Analytics, they dont do anything for rankigs

Regarding the subject, in my experience Page Rank is not lost or gained in a day, or even in weeks. They take months. So I dont think your recent backlinks have anything to do with your losing the PR.

I think what hapend is some sites where you had some backlinks were hit by Google Penguin, and they lost their ranking and Page Rank. As Page rank depends also on this, if you had several backlinks on sites that were very bad hit, and dropped by Google, you lost something too, your Page Rank. But that happend in time, only now Google updated his rankings in Page rank, and you were able to see.

This is only in my opinion and experience. Hope it helps!

Andres Solutions, Jun 10, 2012 IP
  12. lightup

lightup Peon

Best Answers:
    Sometimes google "rejigs" rankings for unknown reasons, you may find that your initial rankings return after a few days.

lightup, Jun 10, 2012 IP
  13. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If you used automated means, then you were engaged in a spammy process. It would certainly take years to build legit
    backlinks by hand, google does not like anything automated, and they probably prefer you take years to get anywhere....

Analytics is a very valuable tool - is it really? You are installing a google application, and google will most likely look
    at your site very hard, they can because you installed a tool that will allow them to do this, so if you are doing anything
    shady, well, guess what, since you have their spy tool installed, dont you think they know everything about your site?
    They know much more about sites using their installed application compared to sites not using the analytics tool....
    Its just common sense if you are using some type of google application, then they can track you, and they will
    know more about your site then you even know about your site....but if you think its useful, then use it...

if you are not involved in shady link building practices, then use it, but if you are involved in spammy link
    buliding, then you certainly should not use google analytics, you might as well be telling them what you are up too.
    If you are involved in any type of shady practices, then you should not use google analytics, thats common sense...

Last edited: Jun 10, 2012
    dscurlock, Jun 10, 2012 IP
  14. WebDev Solutions

WebDev Solutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Some fairly accurate information in this thread, but no one has mentioned the main point.

It has been a day. You may not have been penalised whatsoever- sit tight for a week or two and re-evaluate. If you're rankings have not recovered, only then would it be time to start analysing the situation and making required changes. The only advice you should be given right now is "do nothing, sit tight". One of the biggest mistakes people make is panic and do wholesale changes less than 48 hours after a change in rank. It's plain stupidity.

WebDev

WebDev Solutions, Jun 10, 2012 IP
  15. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I am not so concerned in lost ranking; I would be more concerned if he lost any traffic...
    If he has not lost much traffic, then whats the point of lost ranking? if he did loose traffic
    then how much traffic loss compared before the ranking dip...It is possible to have a PR3
    site, and still have very little traffic, I know this, because I had a PR3 site with no traffic at one point.

We really do not know much about this user, he has only stated that he lost rankings
    and has not really offered any other info, as far as I am concerned, maybe he never had any traffic anyway...
    just do not really know because people tend to be vague sometimes....

dscurlock, Jun 10, 2012 IP
  16. WebDev Solutions

WebDev Solutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    His OP relates to lost rankings, he doesn't state traffic. Common sense tells us that the search term "free online jobs" is going to at least yeild a little traffic; meaning if his rankings have dropped then his traffic must too. You can never have one without the other unless you are optimizing for keyword terms which aren't being searched!

The advice remains the same- the correct thing to do right now is nothing. OP, monitor your rankings for two weeks and report back here with any changes. At that point, you can start formulating a strategy if your rankings haven't improved.

WebDev

WebDev Solutions, Jun 10, 2012 IP
  17. zubizubi

zubizubi Active Member

Best Answers:
    Recently I have found that my google backlinks decreased from 900+ to 266. What may be the possible reason?

zubizubi, Jun 11, 2012 IP
  18. zubizubi

zubizubi Active Member

Best Answers:
    What is meant by the rejigs?

19. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    ryan_uk, Jun 11, 2012 IP
  20. zubizubi

zubizubi Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am using gostats counter along with google analytics. Is this the reason of losing my rankings?