1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Losing Likes Due To Thread Deletions.

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Spoiltdiva, Apr 26, 2013.

1. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    While I didn't see your report personally, there's no point in reporting someone just because you don't like them. See the section on personal disputes here: https://forums.digitalpoint.com/help/policies

As far as likes going away, it's intended... Since stuff can be unliked by the liker, how would you suggest they be given the opportunity to unlike on a thread they can't see?

And if you know who you got likes from and how many broken down on a per thread basis... Well, you need a new hobby I think. Lol

digitalpoint, Apr 26, 2013 IP
    RoguePyro, snakeair and Devtard like this.
  2. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    FYI I gave out a like on that thread shortly before it got deleted. That's how I was able to remember who had the likes. (my short term memory is good)

Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
    Spoiltdiva, Apr 26, 2013 IP
  3. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    What thread was it?

digitalpoint, Apr 26, 2013 IP
  4. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Pretty sure it was that stupid one where some guy was saying "Don't Quit Smoking" with some regurgitated garbage from the web.

browntwn, Apr 26, 2013 IP
  5. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Actually it was an interesting thread where members were posting about how they lost relatives due to smoking etc. I believe the thread would have evolved into something worthwhile.

6. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Spoiltdiva you need to seek help immediately for your addiction to likes.

dcristo, Apr 26, 2013 IP
    Devtard and snakeair like this.
  7. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    True that, if you count the ones I've lost, I've gotten 190 since the changeover (Jan.19/20) Maybe a person can overdose on them?:rolleyes:

8. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I doubt they're as dangerous as those scary looking Australian animals like:
    [​IMG]

dcristo, Apr 26, 2013 IP
  9. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I remember that one, calling out the idiot for ripping off another site's content.

Gain likes, lose likes is the "risk" when posting in these crap threads. One thing that might help is to have the like system not apply to General Chat (no one can lose likes when the spam is deleted and some people might not post in there once they realise they can't gain likes from it). I guess it sucks for people with very few, but then BST is free, nothing gained by Shawn or the mods (except headaches), so it's a small price (needing to gain/maintain likes) to pay for access to a free marketplace, IMO.

ryan_uk, Apr 27, 2013 IP
    Devtard likes this.
  10. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Very true, as I'm beginning to find out. But at the sametime I do feel that older members ought to interact with the newbies. And where do you find them if not on General Chat?

Spoiltdiva, Apr 27, 2013 IP
  11. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:

I think that is a very good idea. It would stop the "I like you cause you like Pepsi" stupidity.

browntwn, Apr 27, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  12. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Introductions? :)

I guess it depends on how you define newbies. I'm all for interacting with anyone regardless of post count, but if someone is making tons of threads with mindless drivel just for the sake of it, then they aren't really a newcomer, but a spammer not worth any time, IMO.

ryan_uk, Apr 27, 2013 IP
    dcristo likes this.
  13. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    The one problem with this idea though is that you might end up just *moving* the problem. The like seekers could end up on other forums, then you'd be back to square one.

Spoiltdiva, Apr 27, 2013 IP
  14. krishnaverma

krishnaverma Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In my opinion, you should really re-think your career. If your earnings are entirely dependent on the policies of a website of forum(that does not belong to you), it is not safe for you. This might sound harsh but do think over it.

krishnaverma, Apr 30, 2013 IP
  15. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    It's not about old or new to me, but whether or not I know the member at least enough to recognize a human being behind the user name. Truth is: There are members who have been here 7 years or more, who I don't remember ever seeing before, while there are those who have been here less than 4 month, who I already have interacted at least a little bit with.
    If you are brandnew and don't introduce yourself and go straight to general chat to post something like
    "It's a great idea, me too", then what do you expect?

At least show a little bit of effort or at least pretend to care about the community.
    That or buy the Premium Memberhip.

If people are so eager to get into the marketplace, I am assuming they will make money with it.

If they cannot give back by paying the premium membership or at least taking the first step to "reach out", then I don't see why I should bother, because I have replied to a few newcomers and feel I have gotten to know some at least a little bit.

But the majority either does not reply at all or with "Thank you Sir great day ok bi" which let's me know they just want me and others to help them get into the market place.

I remember starting out with an introduction years ago and helping people here and there and it opened many doors immediately.
    If others cannot do the same, then I don't really see why they should be given such easy access, especially since I have seen so many people come and go, only take, then leave, so I am thinking long term here.
    You are fairly new here, but everyone knows you already. If a new person watches your posts and cannot get himself to at least take that as a motivation to do a little bit of that, then let them be on their own until they figure out the solutions for themselves.

Blogmaster, May 8, 2013 IP