1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

loop and +1 ?

Discussion in 'JavaScript' started by Sushi_Master, Apr 2, 2009.

I've got some basic script which shows and hides a textarea based on the value of two radio buttons, which works fine.

<script type="text/javascript">
    function checkIt(el) {
    if (el.value == "yes") {
    document.getElementById('textbox').style.display = "block";
    }
    else {
    document.getElementById('textbox').style.display = "none";
    document.getElementById('textboxvalue').value = '';
    }
    }
    </script>

Code (markup):
    and here are my radio buttons and text area

<input type="radio" name="radio" value="no" checked="checked" onclick="checkIt(this);">Hide
    <input type="radio" name="radio" value="yes" onclick="checkIt(this);">Show

<div id="textbox" style="display:none;">Textarea: <input type="text" id="textboxvalue"/></div>

Code (markup):
    Now I want to add more radio buttons to the form which pop up another textarea.

My Jscript is quite basic... how can I loop the script and add 1 to the ID to make this work?

I'd rather do this than duplicate the same script over and over.

Thanks.

Sushi_Master, Apr 2, 2009 IP
  2. ADD3AN

ADD3AN Guest

Best Answers:
    This should do the trick:

<script type="text/javascript">
    function checkIt(el,boxid) {
    	if (el.value == "yes") {
    		document.getElementById(boxid).style.display = "block";
    	}
    	else {
    		document.getElementById(boxid).style.display = "none";
    		document.getElementById(boxid + 'value').value = '';
    	}
    }
    </script>

Code (markup):

<input type="radio" name="radio" value="no" checked="checked" onclick="checkIt(this,'textbox1');">Hide
    <input type="radio" name="radio" value="yes" onclick="checkIt(this,'textbox1');">Show

<div id="textbox1" style="display:none;">Textarea: <input type="text" id="textbox1value"/></div>

<input type="radio" name="radio" value="no" checked="checked" onclick="checkIt(this,'textbox2');">Hide
    <input type="radio" name="radio" value="yes" onclick="checkIt(this,'textbox2');">Show

<div id="textbox2" style="display:none;">Textarea: <input type="text" id="textbox2value"/></div>

<input type="radio" name="radio" value="no" checked="checked" onclick="checkIt(this,'textbox3');">Hide
    <input type="radio" name="radio" value="yes" onclick="checkIt(this,'textbox3');">Show

<div id="textbox3" style="display:none;">Textarea: <input type="text" id="textbox3value"/></div>

Code (markup):

ADD3AN, Apr 4, 2009 IP