1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Looks as if MSN does have filters

Discussion in 'Bing' started by ProductivePC, Feb 20, 2005.

1. ROAR

ROAR Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Something is a little crazy for me as well...I checked how many pages I had indexed and the number was #10. Bad news. Should be at least 200.
    Next I checked a couple rankings and my site was where it was expected. I followed the link to "see more results ... and most of the pages were there.

ROAR, Feb 25, 2005 IP
  2. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Blogmaster, Feb 25, 2005 IP
  3. LaCabra

LaCabra Goats R Us

Best Answers:
    I've being watching one of my sites on MSN closely, definitely something going (tuning/flitering). My curent BLs are 4,991 down from 13,537. Any ideas? However still #2 for my keyword. Can't seem to nail #1 in the MSN SERPs. :rolleyes:

cheers
    Frank

LaCabra, Feb 26, 2005 IP
  4. skattabrain

skattabrain Peon

Best Answers:
    heh heh ... traffic is very light despite that and it's the only term i get traffic for. we'll see ... i have lots of fish frying at the moment.

skattabrain, Feb 26, 2005 IP
  5. ProductivePC

ProductivePC Peon

Best Answers:
    Check your Google Indexed Pages. If your pages went down, your weight went down, your backlinks go down.

Just a thought.

ProductivePC, Feb 26, 2005 IP
  6. LaCabra

LaCabra Goats R Us

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the tip Wayne! Everything is fine on that end, all other SE backlinks are going up but have seen this massive drop on MSN. Will keep all posted as I get more info.
    cheers
    Frank

LaCabra, Feb 26, 2005 IP
  7. seank1

seank1 Peon

Best Answers:
    What sort of filter are you claiming?

seank1, Feb 26, 2005 IP
  8. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I understand! But without having to give us any numbers, can you tell us if your traffic has been growing?

Blogmaster, Feb 26, 2005 IP
  9. ProductivePC

ProductivePC Peon

Best Answers:
    I was looking at a possiblility that MSN saw too many backlinks too quickly because all of our pages have been deindexed in MSN however multiple people have proved that theory to be incorrect

If you want a good average of how much traffic you will see per day from a given keyword phrase from 1 search engine IF you are number 1,2 or 3 then take the Word Tracker Results and divide by 60.

There is actually a long algorithm to get this number however dividing by 60 works just fine. This is not an exact science however has proven to be very accurate on 99% of the keyword phrases.

ProductivePC, Feb 26, 2005 IP
  10. skattabrain

skattabrain Peon

Best Answers:
    are you serious?

skattabrain, Feb 27, 2005 IP
  11. ProductivePC

ProductivePC Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, for our keyword phrases it has been pretty accurate. I read an algorithm that was put out in one of the articles that I subscribe to..... the ending result was dividing between 30 and 60.... I have found from our keyword phrases that 60 has been more accurate to determine how much traffic per search engine if you are near the top for that keyword phrase. Try it out. Go to word tracker or use shawns tool.... find the keyword phrase that you number 1,2 or 3 or close and divide by 60... Now go look at your logs and see how much traffic per day you are actually receiving from that keyword phrase.

The article was written by a lady that works for Word Tracker. It was how to read the results properly.

It doesn't work for all of them but it has worked for ours.

ProductivePC, Feb 28, 2005 IP