1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Looking to pay a directory $30-$40 for crowded PR0 listing

Discussion in 'Directories' started by donttrustthisposter, Oct 22, 2005.

Hi;

Was surfing around looking for backlinks and keep running across ultra lame directories that basically charge money and not like a buck or 2, more like $30-$40 to put me in a reviewal process to maybe put my link on a CROWDED PR0 - PR1 page.

Am I missing something? If you think there are that many idiots out there maybe....just maybe...You're the idiot. I really love the one I just saw that for $7.99 would review me in 30 days BUT FOR ONLY $29.99 would review me in 7 days for a link that has little to absolutely no weight.

These aren't even sites you come across surfing search engines but by links for directories on obscure directories.

STOP WASTING MY TIME. The sites almost always look like a crappy free script CRAP with about 3 seconds of actual work into it.

Maybe if I'm really lucky I can pay $40 for a redirected link on a DMOZ dump...can anyone help me out?

Thanks.

donttrustthisposter, Oct 22, 2005 IP
  2. dct

dct Finder of cool gadgets

Best Answers:
    There are a lot of free directories you can submit to, just look in these forums. I find there are very few directories that I would pay to be in.

dct, Oct 22, 2005 IP
  3. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Have some faith though. While it would make sense to pay for what you are describing, there will some directories that are "new" today, but "established" next year.

dvduval, Oct 22, 2005 IP
  4. mdvaldosta

mdvaldosta Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes there are very few worth paying for. Alot of times I pay for a better link even at a PR3 site though as long as it's only a couple dollars.

mdvaldosta, Oct 22, 2005 IP
  5. Alucard

Alucard Peon

Best Answers:
    And you also have to remember that there is a sucker born every minute - some naive webmaster who thinks it will do some good. They don't need to get many people paying for it to make itself worthwhile.

Alucard, Oct 22, 2005 IP
  6. web-rover

web-rover Peon

Best Answers:
    that's a pet pev of mine with directory owners!!

web-rover, Oct 22, 2005 IP
  7. mystikmedia

mystikmedia Jedi Master

Best Answers:
    I pay for some directories. If I like the directory and want to help it succeed (there are a few ones that stand out as being really good as far as interface and design above others). Also, if I get top placement and either the page already has some PR or I believe it is very likely to get some. If it is not a small amount, and the directory doesn't look good or seem to have promise, I would not pay, though. I would use the free option.

mystikmedia, Oct 22, 2005 IP
  8. onedollar

onedollar SEO Consultant for Hire

Best Answers:
    if the directory listings are the same as with 100 of other directories - all using the dmoz directory listings, there is cause for concern but since each directory is different, some do offer benefits not available with others and that's why they become important for submissions

onedollar, Oct 26, 2005 IP