1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Looking to join partner but not sure how to continue working remotely

Discussion in 'General Business' started by MarkRuffolo, Aug 11, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Hello!

I'm looking for some information regarding living in the Netherlands with my partner. We're both Canadians and she'll be attending Utrecht University for her master's. She's getting a student residency permit that allows me as her partner to join her and also get a residency permit.

Unfortunately, she is only allowed 16-hours of work per week and I'm given the same working rights for my residency permit. I currently work full-time as an independent contractor software developer for an EU tech company. And I would like to continue to work 40-hours a week. If I move to the Netherlands, I can choose to become a full-time employee rather than a contractor or keep my status as a contractor.

Given that information, I was wondering if I should apply for the Working Holiday Permit? Clipping Path Service

I'm allowed to work full-time on this visa, but I'm not allowed to keep the same employer for the full year or enter the country with a contract. I don't want to lie, but is there anything I can do to get around this? Do you have any advice for getting working rights as a remote employee?

Thank you!

MarkRuffolo, Aug 11, 2021 IP
  2. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You should talk to a lawyer, they can guide you best on this.

JEET, Aug 12, 2021 IP
  3. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    qwikad.com, Aug 12, 2021 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You're absolutely right!
    But I'm more fascinated by the fact that in this covid era people are travelling so much. Canadians trying to get into Holland while living in Bangladesh!
    and then there's the "clipping path service" which doesn't sound like a visa category to me!

sarahk, Aug 12, 2021 IP
    cronik likes this.
  5. TmaxHost.net

TmaxHost.net Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think a professional lawyer or a visa consultant can give you advice in this regard.

TmaxHost.net, Aug 12, 2021 IP
  6. jessicaherron9

jessicaherron9 Member

Best Answers:
    Contact to Lawyer. this is Digital Forum. I dont think anyone can help you here.

jessicaherron9, Nov 9, 2021 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.