1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Looking to hire a developer/designer for Mambo Customization

Discussion in 'Services' started by onestop, May 9, 2005.

Hi everybody

I have a new community portal type project. After a detailed review of many CMS sites, I have decided to go with Mambo.
    I'm interested in hiring a designer/developer to customize Mambo for my needs.

Here's the basic outlines of what I need:

-Customization of mambo template (I can purchase one ready templates, and designer can work on this template if needed.). Customized template has to be SE friendly. I will also purchase SEF advance for better URL structure. I prefer CSS, XHTML but it's not a must.

-There will be 4 major parts of the site.
    1) Articles: There are several authors who will have author privileges, and will publish articles, newest articles will be on the homepage. I need an articles archive page (categorized if possible), and one bio page for each author (along with that author's archived articles).
    2) Blogs: Every registered user will be assigned a blog, and newest blog posts will be on the homepage. The main structure is very similar to seochat.com (on the homepage newest articles, and blog posts are featured.)
    3) VBulletin: I'll purchase VBulletin license. We can either use Phil Taylor's VBulletin-Mambo integration module, or the developer can integrate the databases. I want users either signup using VBulletin register page, or mambo's registration, so no need for 2 user databases. I want also latest forum posts featured on the homepage.
    4) Static Pages: Other than articles, blogs, and forum, there'll be static pages (tutorials, how to guides, etc.).

-Logo Design: Along with the site design, I'd like a logo design which will fit to the template, so basically I need All-in-one template.

-VBulletin Skin Customization: It's not a big deal, but I want to have the feeling of my forum design fits to my site design. So, minor customizations should be made by the designer/developer.

So, if you have Mambo/VBulletin customization experience, and references, and if you can finish this project in a timely manner, please contact me for further details.

I'd prefer to agree a set price instead of an hourly payment. I'm also planning to pay 25% upfront, and 75% at the end of the project.

Please PM or reply here.
    Thanks

P.S. I have the same post at sitepoint also.

onestop, May 9, 2005 IP
  2. sambam2005

sambam2005 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Dear Onestop

I am a web designer & can make proffesional looking websites, one thing im not good at is creating a Forum, i also have 5.000 templates you can choose from or i can make one, my price range is £100 to £150, if you are interested please email me using the following address below, Thank You

sambam2005, May 10, 2005 IP
  3. onestop

onestop Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Please PM me your portfolio, and any mambo work done by you.
    thanks

onestop, May 10, 2005 IP
  4. king_cobra

king_cobra Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I can deliver what you need and will be in cotact with you during the entire project. We can talk about the price negotiations through PM. From what you said I think this will be a three to seven day job depending on the depth of your need.

We can talk about my profile and everything through PM. I won't be someone who accepts the 25% and vanish coz I am a regular visitor here.

king_cobra, May 10, 2005 IP