1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying Looking for writers preferably from UK/ US

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Arunrajvs, Oct 18, 2010.

I am looking for quality writers with low rates. I have tried the services of Indian and Pakistani writers but now I would prefer to try writers from US, UK, Australia and other countries. WHILE REPLYING TO PLEASE ALSO MENTION WHICH COUNTRY YOU BELONG TO.

The articles should pass CopyScape

No software generated articles will be accepted.

I want writers who write articles with simple English.

You should include subtitles, bullets and pointers in your articles.

List your contact details.

Please write something about you and why I should hire you. Let me know which niche you specialize in. Please send in your samples and if you have done any content for websites please do mention them. ALSO SPECIFY YOUR LOCATION AND MENTION WHETHER YOU ARE A TEAM OR AN INDIVIDUAL. PLEASE SEND ME AT LEAST 4-5 SAMPLES ON DIFFERENT NICHE.

Since my budget is low. I can only spend $1.5 words for 300 words, $2.5 words for 500 words, and so on. If you have high rates, I will not be able to afford you. If I like your work, I will definitely increase the pay in the near future.

One more factor that is very important for me is how fast you can send me the articles. This is very important for me. WHEN YOU REPLY TO ME PLEASE LET ME KNOW YOUR HOW MANY ARTICLES YOU CAN DELIVER IN THE PROMISED TIME.

Payment will be done through PayPal. Payment after I check the articles. Shoddy articles will not be tolerated and I would ask you to fix it asap. There is possibility of ongoing work for someone who can write well.

Arunrajvs, Oct 18, 2010 IP
  2. george.UK

george.UK Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    you are offering 2.5$ to a native?
    Surprised to see that Pakistani's and Indian's are still working on that rate,
    Good Luck for your quest to find a good writer @ you offered

Cheers

george.UK, Oct 18, 2010 IP
  3. Gavenecko

Gavenecko Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    That is entirely too little to offer for quality work. I understand that budgets can be hard to come by, but you might want to consider writing your own material until you can afford better content. It ends up being more beneficial for your business in the end.

Gavenecko, Oct 18, 2010 IP
  4. StephanieTanner42

StephanieTanner42 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I halfway agree, but then again if they only need bland information it could be worth it but if detailed information is needed then I wouldn't do it for anything less than $2/100 words, according to my website that is!

StephanieTanner42, Oct 18, 2010 IP
  5. StephanieTanner42

StephanieTanner42 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I couldn't have said it better myself! Being a writer made the making of my website a snap!

6. moustafa

moustafa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    As Seller:
    100% - 2
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    No, the offer is $1.5 because he may need short articles only.

also payment is after you send the article and possibly you may need to revise or re-write it.

moustafa, Oct 18, 2010 IP
  7. lassie911

lassie911 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    -------------------------------

lassie911, Oct 18, 2010 IP
  8. StephanieTanner42

StephanieTanner42 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    The first person was right about the $2.5 because they were exclaiming the low pay for the 500 words also: 500 words is NOT a short article

9. moustafa

moustafa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    As Seller:
    100% - 2
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    double no stephanie,, i am talking about the 300 words for $1.5
    because the OP wanted 300 words article for $1.5
    Go read it again well ;)

moustafa, Oct 18, 2010 IP
  10. LordXenu

LordXenu Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    What so many people don't seem to understand, is that writing short articles is not necessarily easier money. Writing short articles sucks. People seem to think you should be able to wrap off 150-300 word articles like it's no big deal. Fact of the matter is, that in a lot of cases, you spend just as much time researching, or finding information for a 150 word article as you do a 500-1000 worder. So where the time put into finding your information and researching could be put towards writing say 600 words of text, you are instead putting in 4 times as much research time to write 4 articles at 150 words, only to make the same amount of money.

Short articles are fine if you're writing on a subject that you are already well versed in, but that's not always the case, and just about all unique writing requires some degree of research.

Another one clients seem to not understand is that rewriting articles and changing the word count drastically, doesn't exactly qualify as a rewrite anymore. It is not necessarily easy to take a 1000 word article and knock it down to 300 words while retaining the good information, or to take a 300 word article and make a 1000 word article from that. It's essentially creating unique content.

It's unfortunate that foreign competition has driven the price of content so low. Everybody expects the rates to hold, even for talented English speaking writers, who can barely scrape by in the world at the pay rates offered. The best thing good English writers can do as a group is hold on their higher rates. The issue is that you'll always have someone ducking down and offering their service for pennies just to get the work out of desperation though. I can understand how cheap prices for foreign competition can work in graphic design, or in programming where fluency in the language isn't necessarily required. In writing however, where clear communication is key, this low quality half-English shouldn't cut it. people still don't seem to see the value in paying more for a good native English writer. It's sad really, because as more and more people start scrounging for that extra penny online, the rates just keep getting driven lower. As opposed to up, which is where they should be going..

Last edited: Oct 18, 2010
    LordXenu, Oct 18, 2010 IP
    zacdavis likes this.
  11. Immomsdaughter

Immomsdaughter Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I agree that quality writers should be paid their rates. I'm not a writer myself but I hire writers to write for my clients and though I am willing to pay at the rate of $1.50 for 200 words (not that this is something to shout about but I feel it's a reasonable rate), I have often been disappointed by native English writers who do not deliver on time. Thus, I have reverted to foreign writers who are more eager to do the job. Perhaps one or two rotten apples have spoiled my perception on our native writers. My point here is if you want to command a higher rate, please ensure you provide the same high quality service, not only in writing but in timely delivery too.

Immomsdaughter, Oct 19, 2010 IP
  12. StephanieTanner42

StephanieTanner42 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    what I gather is they were talking about the $2.50 rate and you started talking about the $1.50 rate. The one posting the thread mentioned both.

StephanieTanner42, Oct 19, 2010 IP
  13. lassie911

lassie911 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Here's a quick rant:
    It doesn't matter what the rate of pay is whether it be $1.50 or $2.50. After paypal fees you won't see that full amount.

What's hardly ever mentioned is that the person who gets the article has real content that they can continue to profit from years down the line. This is why the rate of pay should ultimately be higher in my opinion. People expect us to write blog post for them that they will make money through adsense and affiliate marketing for life but they think it's unfair to ask for decent compensation? At the same time they think the more articles we write for them (bulk) the less we should be paid! To get even with us they seek out writer's from other countries who can't get the lingo down, then they complain about the content but never realize the solution is all in the rate of pay. What's worse is the re-writing nonsense that so many have jumped on just to save a buck. Not realizing that for the writer rewriting it it's still writing the same amount of words. You want a 500 word article rewritten but for some reason even though we are still writing 500 words, you feel you should be able to pay less? Someone said it already but often times it's harder to rewrite than it is to start from scratch. Too many of you THINK you understand what it means to be a writer so you place these silly expectations on us not realizing it doesn't work as you imagine. "Looking for a female writer who has children. DON'T PM IF YOU AREN'T A FEMALE WHO DOESN'T HAVE CHILDREN." It's ridiculous, were writer's. We write. You really think the reader can tell the sex of the person who has written something over the internet? Any half way decent writer can write from the standpoint of the opposite sex. Everything else is covered in the research. I may not know what it feels like to have a child but I know I can find out online! I have done it a million times. I have written reviews for all types of things I have never used, I've written as the opposite sex, as an older person etc. When you insist on that stuff you are just limiting your pool of writers to choose from. The only issue when it comes to that is the language aspect. No, I couldn't write like I'm from India. Well, actually I could but that would take time to learn and I don't think it would be worth it. I have run across a writing site that teaches English speaking people how to write as if you were from the UK. I may give that a try one of these days. That's not a big leap from American English though. You want us to write about a vague niche in one hour? Writing is only one part of it, there is also the research aspect. Guss what though? If the niche is new chances are there is very little information on it to research in the first place. I don't think people take that sort of thing into consideration. My last point is this contact me by e-mail, Skype, "must have such and such messenger". I don't want to talk to anyone and it's just not necessary. All you need to tell us is what the topic is, how many words and what's the deadline. That can be done rather quickly through pm. There may be a few more details such as keywords you want used but it doesn't require me giving you a total stranger my e-mail address. I have given out my e-mail address before and then I got hit with spam. There are scammers here as well. I finally just got a gmail account since people insist of wanting to chat and send e-mails. However for the most part this forum is enough to conduct business. The people who insist on talking on Skype have got to be joking. This is the internet. You aren't paying enough to get me to call you so you can tell me something you can pm me. Also, the people who want to act like they are some huge corporation when they are trying to find writers really need to stop. This foolishness about send your resume, what state are you in, you must be available at such and such time to talk etc. Again, if you want to go there then you better make sure you have the money for that. Many of us choose to work online so we can have freedom and not have to stress over employers. Which brings me to my last point (I promise). Most of the time we as writers are doing small "gigs" writing for you. You aren't our bosses so don't try to act like it. You give us the job details and we give you the content. It's a partnership, nothing more or less. If you want to play a i-boss, you need to have the money of a boss. The truth is most of you don't!

Any spelling and/or grammatical errors in this post has no bearing on my writing level what's so ever. No one is paying me for this post so it doesn't have to be error free. 880 words

lassie911, Oct 19, 2010 IP
  14. StephanieTanner42

StephanieTanner42 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I am in total agreement, every so-called "boss" should read this!

StephanieTanner42, Oct 19, 2010 IP
  15. LordXenu

LordXenu Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    You think $1.50/words is reasonable and you wonder why you're repeatedly disappointed? I have a couple friends who are excellent long time writers, and they won't even look your direction for less than $5-6/100 words. Really good copywriters can take weeks to write a single sales letter and charge in the thousands of dollars.

If you're paying $1/100 words for unique content, expect that it's going to be something the writer cranked out as fast as they could. Don't expect them to spend all day proofreading it, and don't be surprised if they're not rushing out the gates to complete the job. Until people are willing to pay what it costs to have someone take the time and do a good job, they for the most part aren't going to get one. You're going to get a first draft copy, that might have been spell checked.

This is the same reason you see tons of people complaining that they had a great writer/designer/programmer who suddenly flaked on them. Why stick around when it's not worth your time? The reason most people hire writers is because it is time consuming work that takes thought and effort, and they don't want to do it themselves as they'd rather work on something else. Yet they turn around and expect someone to do it all day for peanuts. People get tired of working for these rates, find better clients who understand the value of quality, or simply bump your projects due to lack of incentive.

I'm honestly surprised some of the foreign workers will even work at the rates offered around here, and people expect North Americans or Europeans to survive on them? I won't even start RE-WRITING for less than $1/100 words, and re-writing is about all I'm willing to do for clients around here anymore. Simply because it is easier than writing unique content by a long shot, and anyone who looks over this forum can see that most users here are hardly willing to pay that for unique content. It's insulting really.

The other thing I find hilarious is all the guys who say they're willing to pay for quality, or give a bonus for quality work. No they aren't, and no they won't. You'll impress them as a writer and they'll keep sending you work, right up until you ask for that pay increase, then they bounce to the next sucker who's willing to work for next to nothing. There's as many flakey employers in this business as their are employees.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2010
    LordXenu, Oct 20, 2010 IP
  16. LordXenu

LordXenu Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    prime example of what you're going to get, lol

17. Immomsdaughter

Immomsdaughter Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'm sorry if you feel the rate is too low for your work but not everyone feels likewise. I'm talking about those who are willing to take up work at that rate and then do not deliver. Doesn't it speak a lot about an individual's attitude/professionalism? If you feel that you don't deserve to be paid the said rate, then, don't take up the offer in the first place.

It's unfortunate that your experience here at dp have made you sound so bitter. For what it's worth, I'm not trying to insult anyone.

Immomsdaughter, Oct 20, 2010 IP
  18. LordXenu

LordXenu Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'm just saying that those are the type of people you are going to get replying to your ads at those rates. Even if they agree to them, it doesn't mean they're going to bust their ass once they have. It's hard as fuck to get even a low paying client on here with all the half-cocked outsourced labor that's driving the market value into the ground. The people who reply to job postings at those rates, are not writers, they are people looking to grab a few quick bucks and they do not care about the level of quality or service provided.