1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Looking for webshop with prepaid credit option

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by pozer, Mar 27, 2013.

Can you recommend a webshop system (php, mysql) which has the option for users to enter code from prepaid card and that amount will be added to their account and they can use that credits to purchase stuff.
    pozer, Mar 27, 2013 IP
  2. kemasii

kemasii Active Member

Best Answers:
    Please be more specific are you talking about a gift card service.
    kemasii, Apr 5, 2013 IP
  3. pozer

pozer Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm talking about prepaid shopping, as in prepaid cellphone service, everything you buy gets deducted from your store credits.
    pozer, Apr 5, 2013 IP
  4. kemasii

kemasii Active Member

Best Answers:
    ok then what you need is a gift certificate plugin. on the free side there is magento or on the premium there is presta shop just manipulate the gift certificate to call it what ever you want. But do not expect that people will prepay to buy later because that would not make sense. May i ask what you are selling
    kemasii, Apr 5, 2013 IP
    pozer likes this.
  5. pozer

pozer Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks. I will be selling e-books. The idea behind this is that some people are scared using credit cards online, they would feel safer to purchase prepaid credits offline and use them to shop for e-books.
    pozer, Apr 5, 2013 IP
  6. kemasii

kemasii Active Member

Best Answers:
    well i understand that but please think of it like this . what you are talking about would be a local thing Unless you have the capital and the places to purchase them. otherwise what would be the point when they can get a prepaid debit card. I understand your idea but the the fact is that people will likely not prepay unless your site is well known because once they buy the card what gurantee will they have that you will be there next month.
    What i am getting at is that you have a good idea but if its on internet marketing then whats the point they will eventually have to use a cc any way online and if its regular ebooks were will they buy the cards. these are just things to ponder over
    kemasii, Apr 5, 2013 IP