1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Looking for web hosting with page builder

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by eddie, Dec 28, 2004.

Can anyone recomend a good web site hosting company with a page builder that meets the cirteria for the coop.

I want to create a "how to" content website (no selling) will run google ads and coop adds. My current site is hosted by Yahoo and they can not handle the .htaccess file needed to run the coop.

thanks

eddie, Dec 28, 2004 IP
  2. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    Just my opinion, but when you start talking about paying for hosting for more than two or three web sites, take a look at some of the less expensive dedicated servers out there or virtual private servers. If you can admin a machine, then colo is the way to go - but if you don't know security, don't even think about colo.

http://www.westhost.com/basic-package.html does Virtual Private Servers - which means you get root access, but they do several servers per machine. I have no experience with them, just found them through google.

http://www.spry.com/vps-hosting/ supports php.net in some fashion - I think they actually hosted it for a while. There's more information there about Virtual Private Servers - what they are and how they work. There Platinum package is 60 bucks a month and lets you do unlimited virtual hosts (3 IP addresses), whereas their silver package limits you to 10 web sites on a single ip address for 15 bucks a month.

I've been thinking about doing a vps package to host some scrap domains and use for testing perl scripts and things like that live instead of in my home network.

nevetS, Dec 28, 2004 IP
  3. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    We have everything on our servers necessary to run coop ads. I run them myself on a couple of sites. PM me if you are interested in pricing and details.

compar, Dec 28, 2004 IP