1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Looking for tips for IPB... SEO.. mods.. hacks... skins.. etc...

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by TheException, Feb 20, 2006.

I've setup and used a lot of forums before, including Invision's old free board, but I've recently started a forum with the latest version of IPB and I was wondering if you DPer's could point me towards some resources or give me some tips on getting the best out of IPB.

I've added meta tags by editing the board header in the skin manager... What else can for SEO with IPB beside simple category/title keywording?

Anyone have any recommendations on custom skin builders?

Do you use any hacks/mods that you just love and would like to recommend for me to add more pizazz to my forum?

Thanks for your help!

TheException, Feb 20, 2006 IP
  2. gprime

gprime Guest

Best Answers:
    Well I take it you've registered at IPS Beyond and Invisionize? Because they provide some great function-enhancing hacks for IPB. For skins, there are some great ones on the market. Not many good custom IPB skinners. What I'd recommend is instead getting a custom template and then purchasing IPB coding services from some place like Depth Skinning.

In about two weeks though I'll be making several IPB resources available, some of which I'm sure will help. You may PM me for details if you desire.

gprime, Feb 23, 2006 IP
  3. Jarritos

Jarritos Peon

Best Answers:
    hey gprime i would like to know the site if you dont mind

Jarritos, Feb 23, 2006 IP
  4. gprime

gprime Guest

Best Answers:
    My site? Its under construction. But we have a planning board you may join if you so desire.

gprime, Feb 23, 2006 IP
  5. TheException

TheException Banned

Best Answers:
    I've looked through Invisionize quite a bit yes, but I don't think I've been on IPS beyond. I've been on a lot of sites, I was hoping to get some members here to post their own experience and what they've done with IPB. I would definately like to know about your website and your IPB resources.

TheException, Feb 24, 2006 IP
  6. gprime

gprime Guest

Best Answers:
    Well, the site AdminNation.com should be up in a few weeks. Among other things, we'll be offering free IPB skins, as well as free hack and skin installation services for IPB and other major software choices. We'll also be running a number of other programs that may be of some use to you, including a post exchange program.

gprime, Feb 26, 2006 IP
  7. TheException

TheException Banned

Best Answers:
    I'd definately like to keep in contact, I'm sure we can both help each other out a bit here, start a good business relationship... Could you please send me an email or PM? I've got to get back to cleaning before my son gets here, it's his first birthday! :D

TheException, Feb 27, 2006 IP
  8. mustangsally

mustangsally Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    mustangsally, Feb 18, 2007 IP