1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Looking for the right Directory

Discussion in 'Solicitations & Announcements' started by nfzgrld, Feb 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Ok, I've submitted to a ton of directories by now, indluding DMOZ which was, of course, the first thing I did when my site went live. While waiting the requisite months and months for my site to show up there, and then more months and months for G and everyone else to pick up my link, I need to drive traffic.

It seems to me in the directory arena I have two options, Yahoo and Looksmart. There has to be more. Where can I find a directory, paid inclusion or whatever, that will send me TRAFFIC. My directory submission and bl campaign is going Ok and I have well over 1000 bls, (although G only reports 50, Y and M have me well over 1000). What I need is something that's not quite as expensive as Yahoo or Looksmart but that will drive some actual traffic. Is there anything like that out there, and where do I find it?

If not that, then where can I find a high traffic site out there that will sell me some targeted ad space for a reasonable price?

nfzgrld, Feb 5, 2005 IP
  2. sagetips

sagetips Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been very pleased with results from the MSN Bcentral directory since submitting to it a few weeks ago. I think the cost for single site submissions is $49, but I was able to pool my sites with a friend to get 10 for $299. It's an annual fee. You get 1 main link plus 9 inside-page links for each listing. I'm definitely getting more hits off MSN than before. I also have a feeling that getting in early with MSN is a good thing.

http://sbd.bcentral.com/

Good luck.

sagetips, Feb 5, 2005 IP
  3. nfzgrld

nfzgrld Peon

Best Answers:
    I'll definitly have to check that out. I'm noticing better and better results from MSN search especially since they started with the TV ads. It's still not much traffic, but it gets better every day. Still, I'm in the sandbox on G and I still bet more traffic from them than MSN where I'm ranking pretty good, even page one one a major keyword. I'll check out the directory and see what I can do. Thanks for the tip.

nfzgrld, Feb 5, 2005 IP
  4. nfzgrld

nfzgrld Peon

Best Answers:
    One more thing, what kind of traffic are you seeing form there? Was it a noticable boost in traffic?

nfzgrld, Feb 5, 2005 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.