1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Looking for the best overall sourcer / wholesaler in Asia

Discussion in 'General Business' started by gcfarri, Aug 15, 2017.

1. gcfarri

gcfarri Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Good advice but Are there any company's that I should stay away from within Alibaba , Global sources or dh gate ?. Or any that are really good

gcfarri, Aug 19, 2017 IP
  2. gcfarri

gcfarri Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Good advice but Are there any company's that I should stay away from within Alibaba , Global sources or dh gate ?. Or any that are really good

gcfarri, Aug 19, 2017 IP
  3. MrKing01

MrKing01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    At the moment I'm not an active trader so it would be difficult for me to mention what suppliers you should use and which you should avoid. Also you can't be sure that people in forums would be honest with you in this regard. For example a person here can tell you that a specific supplier is very good but later it turns out that the supplier is bad. My advice for you is to read guides about how to find good suppliers in the marketplaces you want to buy from.

You could search following on Google:

"How to find good Alibaba suppliers"
    "How to find good Global sources suppliers"
    "How to find good DHgate suppliers"

If you wonder about anything, feel free to ask.

MrKing01, Aug 19, 2017 IP
  4. Importexport

Importexport Member

Best Answers:
    I have 30 years experience in sourcing and importing, and since retiring I have taught hundreds of people how to safely source and import. I started my working life in the international shipping industry and began exporting in 1978, until I switched to importing in 1987.

I strongly disagree with the advice you have had saying that Globalsources is more reliable. Alibaba at least has one category of vendors that cna be relied upon. See my post today on the thread: An excellently developed B2B trade website that can lessen Alibaba's dominance.

Globalsources verification system is virtually worthless, despite my attempts to persuade them to improve it.

Aliexpress is a retail site, full of opportunist traders. You can't buy at the best prices there. If you do decide to, you should ignore the feedback system. In fact that advice applies in relation to Alibaba also.

Regarding DHGate, I suggest you read my posts here
    Any experience with Dhgate.com?

I suggest that you search for my posts, because they are the product of many years of experience. Here is my main AMA thread, where you can ask me questions and I will give you answers that you can trust because I know how the system works in China. I have been there countless times, and visited hundreds of factories.
    Ask Me Anything About Product Sourcing and Importing

Walter Hay

Importexport, Aug 19, 2017 IP
  5. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    I see, I really have no idea. I thought that it is really required to buy that huge amount of products, because there is a minimum no of purchase.

Patricia Ann Lee, Aug 21, 2017 IP
  6. MrKing01

MrKing01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    On Alibaba there is a MOQ that is rather high, so that's the reason why you think that people are required to buy a big quantity of products. But even though the MOQ is high, you can always ask for test samples.

Do you know why people want test samples? Imagine that you want to buy bluetooth speakers for $10000 for your business. This is a big sum of money and as you are not based in China you will of course be concerned regarding the quality. Therefore you can order test samples to get a clue about the quality. If the quality isn't satisfactory, then you have only lost money on ordering a test sample. You have not lost $10000 on a stock of inferior quality bluetooth speakers.

MrKing01, Sep 1, 2017 IP
    Importexport likes this.
  7. Importexport

Importexport Member

Best Answers:
    Mr King is right. You can place a sample order, but samples can be very expensive, partly because the suppliers will often charge a lot more per unit for a sample than they would per unit for a bigger order. Also, the cost of delivery for a single sample can be very high, usually between $40 and $100.

There are ways to deal with the problem of suppliers requiring you to buy a huge amount of product. They will quote large Minimum Order Quantities (MOQ) but if you approach them the right way you can get them to supply a lot less and still only pay a genuine ex-factory price.

One of the most important points about negotiating a smaller order is that you should not ask the supplier what is their MOQ. They will tell you soon enough, but you should avoid the subject of your order quantity for as long as possible.

Walter Hay

Importexport, Sep 1, 2017 IP
    MrKing01 likes this.