1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

looking for something like Urchin

Discussion in 'Traffic Analysis' started by Bernard, Apr 18, 2005.

My old web host provided Urchin and I think I'm going through withdrawals now. I miss the ability to scale the stats over any time period I wish.

My current hos offers Awstats and Webalizer, but AFAICT, they only track from the beginning of the month to date or for prior months, but no ability to drill down to specific days or a range of days.

I've dl'd the freeware version of FunnelWeb and started looking at it, but I haven't figured out yet if it is possible to generate reports for date ranges or not. Anyone know?

Any other suggestions (short of buying Urchin)?

Bernard, Apr 18, 2005 IP
  2. kaptain

kaptain Peon

Best Answers:
    yea awstats sucks.

i use indextools.com they charge a monthly fee and you can drill down etc. been using them for a couple of years.

i have checked out urchin but i think it's pricey. still looking for an alternative software to own so i don't keep giving my money to indextools.com

kaptain, Apr 18, 2005 IP
  3. Pen Tongue

Pen Tongue Grunt

Best Answers:
    indextools.com

They have an online offering ($50/month) which has come great campaign tracking stuff (better than Urchin's basic package, more like their eCommerce module which starts at $500/month). IF you are an SEO aren't willing to pay that for stats, I'd move to another host that offers URCHIN or something of its caliber. Try monster commerce.com for example.

Pen Tongue, Apr 18, 2005 IP
  4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Wait until you see Urchin 6. :) It's 10x better than Urchin 5.

digitalpoint, Apr 18, 2005 IP
  5. Bernard

Bernard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Are you a Beta tester, Shawn? Alert Anthony, Shawn is in cahoots with Google! LOL.

Unless Urchin will be offering a freeware version, I guess I'll just have to drool. My sites don't justify a large cost for analytics right now.

Bernard, Apr 18, 2005 IP
  6. flawebworks

flawebworks Tech Services

Best Answers:
    flawebworks, Apr 18, 2005 IP
  7. Bernard

Bernard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    D'oh! I just found the option in the settings tab on FunnelWeb to set a date range. As Rosanne Rosannadanna would say, "Never mind!"

Bernard, Apr 18, 2005 IP