1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Looking for some anwers

Discussion in 'Keyword Tracker' started by Bela Flor, Sep 2, 2004.

In using the backlink tool I put my url in as www.lowrvfinancing.com and it is showing up as a zero but when I go to google and inter link:www.lowrvfinancing.com it shows up 53 links. Can any one help me out on this.

The other question that I have is that I have some keywords showing up in the top ten, but in the keyword tracker it is say NA. I do not understand because I set them up the same way I did the other ones and those or working so I just dont get it.

I just started using the tool a few days ago so it could be because I am doing something wronge.

thanks for any advice you can give

Ok, just went back and if I click on one at a time it come back up and works but if I do the whole batch 124 key words it gives me the NA

Bela Flor, Sep 2, 2004 IP
  2. Geir

Geir Berserker

Best Answers:
    Bela,
    The google rankings fluctuate all the time, so you will not always find the same results when doing both a manual search and checking with the keyword checker. In fact, you may get different results if doing the keyword checker twice in a row as well, but in that case the "best" ranking will be shown.

Just to take one good example from my own keywords:
    how to make an international call is a keyword where I have been bouncing back and forth between a #1 listing and not even being ranked among the top 200 according to the keyword tracker. And I really have no good explanation why google's rankings change so dramatically from day to day on some keywords, while other keywords may show little or no change over time.

Under preferences, you will be able to restrict ranking to a single country, and if you either do this in the keyword tracker, or if google does this for you on normal searches (but not both) that could also explain the differences, as the results often vary significantly depending on the searchers location.

:) Geir

Geir, Sep 2, 2004 IP
  3. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    In the keyword tracker do you have the URL you are tracking back links for with an http:// in it?

digitalpoint, Sep 2, 2004 IP
  4. hans

hans Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i experience the same - on a FEW keywords among a few hundreds
    a fluctuation from top to N/A
    and i am sure that it has only to do with the number of queries a certain keyword is used per day in G.
    you can have a top keyword #1 never used by any G searchers and it may fall out temporarily of G reference db.

the limit may be one search per keyword or a certain low minimum numbers of use / day ..
    one such typical keyword i have this experienced are christmas related keyword combinations - which obviously are seldom used in summertime ..

your a.m. sample also may be a very seldom used combination and hence one day used a few times - another day not at all used by searchers.

hans, Sep 2, 2004 IP