1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Looking for Review On My Blogging Tips Site

Discussion in 'Websites' started by TonyG23, Apr 8, 2014.

Just recently brought my blog back alive and made some major changes. I have a lot more time on my hands now and been blogging on and off for a few years. Looking for some input and suggestion to better my blog for my readers. Suggestions and feedback would be wonderful.

http://everydayblogtips.com

TonyG23, Apr 8, 2014 IP
  2. TonyG23

TonyG23 Banned

Best Answers:
    Any thoughts or suggestions at all?

TonyG23, Apr 9, 2014 IP
  3. NextGe

NextGe Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

This is just my opinion. In my first view, it looks like a spam site. The reason is because you only have two main navigation links. Spam site looks similar too. Most of them have 2-5 pages with target domain name like hostgatorcoupon2014. They have something like Home, Coupon, About, Contact.

So, here is something you can do. Change from 3 columns to 2 columns. Move 1 of the columns items to main navigation like the categories. Your main navigation can be Home, Blog Tips, SEO Tips, WordPress, Contact Us and etc. For the items that does not fit into the main navigation, you put into the footer. So it looks like a standard blog site.

I would recommend you to add an about page to talk about yourself. Personality of a blog is what make a blog unique.

On overall, the site design looks fine. Maybe you can get a theme from themeforest to improve the look and feel of the site. With the above change, your site should look great. Wish my suggestion does help!

NextGe, Apr 10, 2014 IP
  4. Eddie Phillips

Eddie Phillips Member

Best Answers:
    Hi from Eddie P...

The first thing that struck me when I went to your blog is all the ads. Seems to indicate you just want to make money and not help people.

I would add a Privacy Policy page and an About Us page.

Could you remind me how to shorten the amount of a post shown on the screen, as my entire post appears. I like how part of your post appears and then the "Read More" button. I've read how to do this, but can't remember how. Thanks.

Eddie Phillips, Apr 10, 2014 IP
  5. Abbas Khalil

Abbas Khalil Member

Best Answers:
    Hi there,
    I am new here, i have an idea for selling wordpress themes, i decide to get your opinion before i start working on it.
    Here's my plan
    I want to sell wordpress themes, but i don't have my own themes, is it possible if i buy some themes online on themeforest etc, and then showcase them on my website and use a checkout system like 2OC or paypal.

Abbas Khalil, Apr 10, 2014 IP
  6. TonyG23

TonyG23 Banned

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the suggestions. I'm going to work on making more pages today. I have an about me page saved in drafts I been working on just need to finish it.

Your suggestions were very helpful NextGe going to consider some of your ideas and see how it looks :D thanks.

TonyG23, Apr 10, 2014 IP
  7. NextGe

NextGe Active Member

Best Answers:
    Firstly, please open your own thread. If you manage to buy a few themes from themeforest then sell it online, I believe you have enough budget to hire people to develop a few themes from sketch. To get a WordPress theme license from themeforest that can be resell costed you $2250. I assume you get 5. it costs you more than 10K. Therefore, why don't you just hire people to build themes for you at least your themes are unique and you can control the quality as well. Lastly, there are already a few big players in the market. Unless, you plan to burn minimum $1k to $2k in marketing monthly, I highly doubt it will take off.

NextGe, Apr 10, 2014 IP
  8. TonyG23

TonyG23 Banned

Best Answers:
    NextGe You know how I can move my seconday wiget to the left side and keep my primary widget on the right side so my content would be in the middle?

TonyG23, Apr 10, 2014 IP
  9. NextGe

NextGe Active Member

Best Answers:
    In WordPress, it is under Appearance > Widgets. You should find something like "Primary Sidebar", "Content Sidebar" and etc. Try to add content to the sidebar, there should be one on the left. If there is none, then I believe you cant do it without modify the code of wordpress theme. This is depend on your wordpress theme functionality.

NextGe, Apr 10, 2014 IP
  10. TonyG23

TonyG23 Banned

Best Answers:
    No there no option for it. I'm going to have to edit the .css I been messing with it all day and can only get both sidebars to move and not only one.

TonyG23, Apr 10, 2014 IP
  11. Vagz

Vagz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There were so many grammatical/spelling errors in the 1st 2 paragraphs I just stopped...

Vagz, Apr 13, 2014 IP
  12. NextGe

NextGe Active Member

Best Answers:
    you mean the blog content?

NextGe, Apr 13, 2014 IP
  13. Vagz

Vagz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yes

Vagz, Apr 13, 2014 IP
  14. jimmyt200388

jimmyt200388 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A few too many ads for my liking. They do not fit with the design of the website. Try to place them so they seem part of the site.

jimmyt200388, Apr 21, 2014 IP