1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Looking for reliable, non-stupid traffic exchange

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by TIEro, Feb 22, 2013.

I'm looking for a simple traffic exchange site to give some of my teeny weeny just-starting sites a bit of a kick in the pants before I slap monetisation on them... but I can't find any recommendations from people with brains.

So I thought I'd ask here. (Cue amusing retorts about the IQ of DP members...)

Does anyone know a reliable, non-stupid traffic exchange that will feed a bit of interest to a site? Ideally it should accept adult stuff as well as normal and not be stuffed full of complete idiots who spam their crappy spun junk all over the place and don't give a hoot about anyone but themselves (though obviously that's asking a lot).

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

TIEro, Feb 22, 2013 IP
  2. jowel

jowel Well-Known Member Premium Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    what niche of traffic ?

jowel, Feb 22, 2013 IP
  3. TIEro

TIEro Active Member

Best Answers:

A wide variety: everything from business stuff to health to adult to entertainment to...

TIEro, Feb 22, 2013 IP
  4. jacksarlo

jacksarlo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    http://www.trafficswarm.com has been around for a very long time...

jacksarlo, Feb 22, 2013 IP
  5. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Instead of traffic exchange, why not to try craigslist? Or backpage? One ad in the right category can give you FAR more traffic than any traffic exchange site. Just my two cents (my IQ is pretty low... LOL!).

qwikad.com, Feb 23, 2013 IP
  6. TIEro

TIEro Active Member

Best Answers:

One main reason: I can switch out sites on an exchange and pump visitors to different ones as needed, rather than having to constantly produce new ads. Plus they're not local things, so classifieds is going to be like hoping for someone to notice my needle in their haystack!

TIEro, Feb 23, 2013 IP
  7. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    From my experience, most traffic exchange sites are a waste of time. In fact, I would almost say all of them are a waste of time, but I haven't used them all. Try qwikads recommendation of posting ads on CL, BackPage, and other popular classified ad websites. Otherwise you should use social media to promote your websites, and instead of a traffic exchange for websites, try one that is dedicated to exchanging social media likes, follows, page views, etc. something like YouLikeHits, I think there are a few big ones that people are using right now.

But seriously, most traffic exchange websites like trafficswarm are just full of people who don't care to see the content of your websites. Building up your social media pages will probably be more effective in the long-run. Good luck!

cronik, Feb 23, 2013 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  8. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Same is true for buying traffic on fiverr. Total waste of money and time. The real traffic comes from social media sites, forums and classifieds (and Google/Bing of course).

qwikad.com, Feb 23, 2013 IP
  9. Brain Copy

Brain Copy Member

Best Answers:
    Here's an exchange. Money for traffic. Simple right?

If you're looking for junk traffic that wont convert visitors to leads/sales,
    then go ahead and go with traffic exchanges.

I don't know what your site is or what your selling, but if you want to make
    money your going to need quality traffic. Plain and simple.

Best Regards,
    Brain Copy

Brain Copy, Feb 23, 2013 IP
  10. TIEro

TIEro Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the suggestion, jacksarlo. I'll have a look at that.

Thanks also for all the replies and opinions about quality traffic, traffic generation and alternative methods for generating traffic... which have nothing to do with my question. I'm sure they'll be useful for newbies who don't know those things. :)

As it happens, I found almost exactly what I was looking for in an ad program I'm already using, so it's all cool.

TIEro, Feb 24, 2013 IP
  11. bri777

bri777 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well not all the time. I have used them extensively and got at least a fair amount of opt ins and conversions (I did mailings for friends too and they got conversions). Try state of the art mailer OP. There's a lot more I think.

bri777, Feb 24, 2013 IP
  12. s001787

s001787 Member

Best Answers:
    I've used a few traffic exchange programs, most of them are not worth the time and money, but I've found a couple of good ones. I've written a short article comparing a few of the most common Traffic exchanges here, including Trafficswarm. I'm using Google Anaytics to evaluate the incoming traffic. You may read the article here:

http://similar-web-sites-to-airbnb-roomorama-wimdu.fastweb.no/trafficswarm-evaluation-in-google-analytics_186.html

As many of you already has mentioned, the main problem with traffic exchanges is that people click for credits and they are not interested in your content. However, I'm now using a traffic exchange that forces people to closely look at your content, and my visitors even need to write a quality review to the site owner to get credits and reviews in return. As a web developer I find this feedback extremely valuable, through this system other marketers help me with everything from grammar and spelling mistakes (I'm not native English speaker) to input on lay out and user friendlyness. I write more about this in my article about Traffic exchanges. Comments are appreciated.

s001787, May 10, 2013 IP
  13. acetosal

acetosal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I never get conversion with traffic exchange, can you tell me the url of your traffic exchange?

acetosal, May 10, 2013 IP
  14. Matthias

Matthias Member

Best Answers:
    Try looking at the issue differently. Rather than a traffic exchange, trying looking at traffic sharing. If you have a blog, try looking at Along for the Ride! a traffic sharing system & web directory. It offers an unique and innovative widget that helps you get traffic.

Matthias, May 11, 2013 IP
  15. TIEro

TIEro Active Member

Best Answers:

That was really useful, thanks. I haven't had a chance to look at the details yet, but I appreciate your thoughts. The exchange you mentioned sounds interesting, so I'll be looking into that. If you have a ref link, I'll use it, of course. ;)

TIEro, May 11, 2013 IP
  16. optimizare

optimizare Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's strange no-one suggested TS25 yet but I can say this site is among the few traffic exchange sites which offer back traffic that has some value.

optimizare, May 11, 2013 IP
  17. gkuang2

gkuang2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    to be honest, I don't think there is such thing as a good traffic exchange site. you either got to do ppc or get seo done to get organic traffic.

gkuang2, May 11, 2013 IP
  18. tdbusiness

tdbusiness Member

Best Answers:
    the article page is empty, i can't see any article there nor a link to that interesting traffic exchange site:oops:
    the main reason for using and getting this kind of traffic is to bump the site and may be the ranking with a lot of traffic, the only problem is there is no valuable traffic exchange sites, all are junk and no time spent on the site (0 Secs) which can make your site looking bad. But don't ever think u can get conversions from this type of traffic

tdbusiness, Jul 23, 2013 IP
  19. Branko Zecevic

Branko Zecevic Active Member

Best Answers:

Totally agree with this! I had some great results with backpage!
    Try classified sites rather than traffic exchanges!
    You will spend a lot of time on traffic exchanges and get little success!

Branko Zecevic, Jul 24, 2013 IP
  20. imranskfuuast1

imranskfuuast1 Member

Best Answers:
    It is the no 1 traffic exchange
    http://www.easyhits4u.com/

imranskfuuast1, Jul 26, 2013 IP