1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying Looking for JavaScript coder for several small jobs

Discussion in 'Programming' started by fish, Jul 27, 2014.

I'm starting a web development resource site, and am looking for a JavaScript coder to develop a series of relevant "tools" like generators/converters.

Stuff like:

• HTML character entity converter (< to &lt;)
    • List maker (convert line break separated list into HTML unordered list markup)
    • CSS generators (border radius, gradients, etc.)
    • WordPress stuff (custom post types, widgets, meta boxes are a MAJOR bonus)

Don't worry about design or making the forms look pretty. The most important thing is making it really easy to use. For example, a "live" preview of the character entities being converted.

Also this site has very heavy caching, so PHP and Ajax-y stuff won't be an option (nor should be necessary).

I don't care if the "source code" is viewable in the open, although I'd own the rights to any code developed for this. It would be available on GitHub with a free license like MIT in case you (or anybody else) wanted to use it on other projects.

Most of these should be relatively simple/quick projects (although some more complicated, obviously), but I'd need a lot of them so it'll be a lot of ongoing work. I'm also open to your ideas of other useful tools.

If this is something you think you can do, let me know and link to some examples of related work if possible.

fish, Jul 27, 2014 IP
  2. kutchbhi

kutchbhi Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Interesting jobs.

The first 2 on the above list would require some degree of thoughtful parsing and regex skills.
    I am not sure what is meant by css generators.

Wordpress: I am kind of familiar, but not very experienced with wordpress to be honest.
    Anyway PM'ing you my portfolio:

kutchbhi, Jul 28, 2014 IP