1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Looking for hosting recommendation - multiple urls and databases

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by cbc58, Aug 12, 2013.

I am at bluehost now and like them but they are doubling my rates for renewal. Looking for a good alternative that will allow multiple urls and databases. Prefer cpanel as I know it. Shared hosting o.k. and want to keep cost down as low as possible.

Can anyone recommend a good provider who also offers support if problems occur? Tks.

cbc58, Aug 12, 2013 IP
  2. MilesWeb

MilesWeb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    could you please share your existing usage stats ? Is there any location preference?

MilesWeb, Aug 12, 2013 IP
  3. Shole93

Shole93 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I heard ihost4you . net is good and they are pretty cheap as i seen. Though i have a small site and use only the one dollar hosting plan not sure what you need.

Shole93, Aug 12, 2013 IP
  4. HostGarou

HostGarou Active Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Do you mean you need a host that offer multiple domains hosting?

I think all the web hosting providers offer these requirements, you need just to pick up a good host with a reliable uptime and support. And in order to run multiple domains I think you need to think about a super server with LiteSpeed and CloudLinux technologies which will increase your website's speed and stability.

What is the monthly bandwidth and space you need?

HostGarou, Aug 12, 2013 IP
  5. cbc58

cbc58 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i don't really know my usage stats... sorry. I have about 25 domains with databases - many are sample sites that I have done for people and they really get no traffic. Will eventually focus in on one or two with serious traffic possible but really need a place to move all this stuff. Can't justify bluehost costs and looking for an alternative. Was hoping someone had luck somewhere with a cost-effective host. tks

cbc58, Aug 12, 2013 IP
  6. Markwebuk

Markwebuk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Is the inquiry still active? I hope you won't be having any problem using hosting services from UK hosting provider.

Markwebuk, Sep 2, 2013 IP
  7. ramkumaritrvs

ramkumaritrvs Banned

Best Answers:
    let me know your budget,so we can help you best :)

ramkumaritrvs, Sep 5, 2013 IP
  8. palsman

palsman Active Member

Best Answers:
    you can get good VPS (full resources not as shared)with low prices and good services as below:
    https://www.digitalocean.com/
    https://www.budgetvm.com/

palsman, Sep 5, 2013 IP
  9. RonISQ

RonISQ Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    How big are your databases? Some host offer limits on database size, other limit the number of databases...
    I would avoid the "large and unlimited" hosts. Look instead to a host like Stablehost (USA) or EuroVPS (EU). Not oversold, and the resources are specified.

RonISQ, Sep 9, 2013 IP
  10. Swarup12

Swarup12 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can choose HostGator (approx same rate as BlueHost). If you like bluehost then my suggestion is to stick with it. I know its renewal rate is high. So you can buy a new bluehost account and transfer all your site to new account. In this way you can save money and stick with your old provider

Swarup12, Sep 13, 2013 IP
  11. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    send me a pm and I can see if I can solve your needs. but if you are happy with their quality uptime and support then dont change.

matt_62, Sep 16, 2013 IP