1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Looking for Font on the face of a current US Quarter

Discussion in 'Graphics & Multimedia' started by rmkreeg, Nov 8, 2009.

Just as the title reads, I'm looking for a font that will be identical (or very close) to the font used on the face of a US Quarter for "UNITED STATES OF AMERICA" and "QUARTER DOLLAR".

Specifically, I'm trying to recreate a quarter in a 3D modeling program and I'm making a bump map for the texture. I was thinking that using a font for the lettering would be the easiest way...but if theres anyone else out there who has experience creating bump maps (i have very little) and you have some pointers, then feel free to express them :)

Thanks everyone!

rmkreeg, Nov 8, 2009 IP
  2. l3fty

l3fty Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    l3fty, Nov 8, 2009 IP
  3. rmkreeg

rmkreeg Member

Best Answers:
    Its close but the M's and N's have a crook or whatever its called on the left corners which is unlike whats on the face of the Quarter. It still might work for my purposes, however.

rmkreeg, Nov 8, 2009 IP
  4. Andrzej Wilczynski

Andrzej Wilczynski Member

Best Answers:
    Note that there are no fonts on U.S. coins, this is all engraved, so you can only look for something similar, but finding something close will be a challenge.

Andrzej Wilczynski, Feb 10, 2022 IP