1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Looking For Feedback Please - domainmarket.io

Discussion in 'Websites' started by domainmarket.io, May 21, 2016.

Hello All,

I'm looking for feedback on my new site domainmarket.io. This is my third revision now, and I'm always looking to improve. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

domainmarket.io, May 21, 2016 IP
  2. ulterios

ulterios Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I like how you have a lot of domains showing on the pages as well as having lots of nice domain articles in the news section.

I do think that it looks too plain being mostly black and white. I would find a way to implement some colors, images or something to make it more visually appealing. Sometimes when a site is basically black and white it can give the impression of a low quality or cheap (looking) site. When someone first gets to your site, sometimes they will judge it by how good looking it is and not by how well it's laid out or working. I especially think that some images in the news articles as well as the main news page would really improve the looks of it.

Everything seems to work right and I like the layout and build of the site. If you could now just pretty it up a bit then I would say you have a real nice site.

Good Luck and Good Job So Far! :)

ulterios, May 21, 2016 IP
    domainmarket.io likes this.
  3. kk5st

kk5st Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    On the other hand, I wouldn't add the distraction of colors.; at least none but the most subtle. I don't see anyone visiting your site to be entertained. They come looking for something and you apparently make it simple to find. Consider craigslist.com. It is among the top five or ten sites in the world and has won no æsthetic awards. The real value a a working site is found by looking at how your visitors use it.

kk5st, May 21, 2016 IP
  4. Awwab Tahir

Awwab Tahir Member

Best Answers:
    I have visited your website as a customer & I think that these things are missing from your website.
    1. On domain detail page, where you want to make an offer. You should include a estimated price range for that domain.
    2. On search where there is written "search products", that can be replaced with "search domain". I think it will make more sense.
    3. Website is not responsive, I have checked it for different screens like mobile phones and it is not displaying properly.

Awwab Tahir, May 21, 2016 IP
  5. domainmarket.io

domainmarket.io Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've added a little color, but trying not to distract from the main purpose of the site as @kk5st mentioned. What's your thoughts?

1. I like that suggestion. I may implement it in the future. Don't want to low-ball myself. :D
    2. Done. Meant to to that a while back but I forgot.
    3. Been working on that for the past week. Everything should be completely mobile friendly soon.

Thank you for the feedback!

domainmarket.io, May 24, 2016 IP
    ulterios likes this.
  6. ulterios

ulterios Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It looks great and not so plain now. Looking more professional and not cheap. :)

I really like the color choice as well. Nice relaxing color that isn't hard on the eyes.

Having color won't distract from what buyers are there for, if it did the big boys wouldn't use them. Colors are a key to marketing, read up and you will see. It helps to make it look professional. If you take a look at all the top domain and website selling sites you will see that none of them are plain and all have way more color and visuals than yours does. If colors distracted buyers from what they are there for then the big guys would remove them. Colors can help break up a viewer from getting whitewashed vision and not seeing what you want them to see. I've been in the domain business since last century and every successful domain selling site has colors around their sites, some more than others.

Is GoDaddy, Sedo, Flippa, etc. plain sites in black and white?

Anyway, nice improvement. Not as much as I would add but it does look nice and clean.

Good Luck and best of success to you.

ulterios, May 24, 2016 IP