1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying Looking for experienced HTML->WordPress theme developer

Discussion in 'Programming' started by fish, Sep 11, 2013.

Hey everyone,

So I'm looking for someone to convert an already coded set of HTML files and develop them into a fully functional WordPress theme designed for public release.

Before you send see "HTML->WP" and send me some cookie cutter message, please read this:

These are not standard blog themes, I'm not looking for someone who can just copy and paste common WP functions from the default theme. Anybody can do that.

I'm looking for someone really experienced with WordPress and familiar with best practices, including but not limited to knowledge of:

-Theme Customization API (and how it can effectively replace "theme options" pages in most cases).
    -Shortcode API
    -Custom post types
    -Widgets API (both creating widgetized areas and custom widgets with custom options)
    -TGM Plugin Activation (and recognizing when non-theme features should be placed in a separate, but required plugin. Like custom post types should be in a separate plugin).
    -Theme Check compliance (and actually comply with it, no tricking it with empty styles, unused functions. Also making sure basic styles are put in place for image alignments, captions, sticky classes, you may have to improvise a little of this)
    -Script and style enqueue, to make themes more child theme friendly, among other reasons
    -WordPress menus
    -Threaded comments
    -Translation/internationalization

That's all I can think of for now, but there may be other things I haven't listed above. Probably not though as the above list looks comprehensive enough.

Remember, these are for themes to be developed for public release, not just one off projects, so extra work would be involved making sure these themes are developed in such a way that's suitable for a wide variety of sites (hence features like internationalization are required).

Basically, you have to be experienced with WordPress. I'm not looking to spend too much time training on the job, you should ideally already be familiar with all of the above. If you're not, you probably shouldn't apply.

I don't mean to scare people off, but last time I posted here I got a lot of cookie cutter messages that clearly didn't even read through my post. Even after I closed the thread.

If you think you can handle it, by all means, apply. The HTML, CSS, jQuery stuff is already taken care of. But you may need to refactor some of it to keep it in compliance with WordPress' best practices.

Bonus points if you've been involved with the development of themes that have been recently approved to stringent directories like WordPress.org and ThemeForest.

Let me know of work samples and a price we're talking about. Publicly released themes that I can take a look at the code behind (i.e. the WordPress/PHP code) are preferred.

fish, Sep 11, 2013 IP