1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Looking for Current Mortgage Rate Tool for Web Site...

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Canton, Feb 18, 2007.

Hi all - I'm beginning a small project/site that's about real estate. There will also be a mortgage section and I'd like to offer visitors current mortgage rates (updated daily). I've seen this available from two sites thus far and they make a big deal out of how "it's free! no strings attached!".

The strings that are attached, of course, are that the daily rates section that you put on your site is littered with links to their web site - it's really fairly obnoxious.

I don't mind giving credit and a link for this tool, but I'm not creating this site to drive traffic to others without an affiliate relationship (which the aforementioned companies don't offer).

Anyone know of a tool like this that's actually worth using?

Thanks in advance,
    Canton

Canton, Feb 18, 2007 IP
  2. pradco

pradco Peon

Best Answers:
    Canton,

I have experiences with BankRate.com in the past. But, I only used their paid tools (I used to work for a bank). They may have a "free" offering, but I am thinking it may come with a lot of "strings".

Back in the day, Leadfusion.com, used to also offer a "regional mortgage rate" widget, but they have changed hands a few times and don't know if they offer this tool anymore.

Other than these two, there may be an RSS feed somewhere that you might be able to subscribe to and re-use somehow.

Finally, I know a lot of realtors have this kind of information on their personal Web sites, but they might pay for it. But, it is worth digging around and seeing where they are getting this information.

I know this isn't much to go on, but these are my only ideas at the moment.

-PRADCO

pradco, Feb 19, 2007 IP
  3. pradco

pradco Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello,

After searching around, I think I have found what you need:

http://www.bankrate.com/brm/rss/entrypage1.asp

Also, you can Google "mortgage rss" and get a ton of links.

I hope this helps! :)

-PRADCO

pradco, Feb 19, 2007 IP