1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying Looking for content creation

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Matthew Sayle, Aug 30, 2015.

I am looking for someone to create content for my new website.

It's going to be a product review site for a certain brand of PC registry cleaners.

The person I was using for this is taking a month off but the show must go on.

I am looking for someone fun and creative that will create articles, images, infographics, screen capture videos, etc.

I am not just looking for a regular old boring article writer.

Everything MUST be unique and personally crafted!

Please meet these requirements before sending PM:
    1. Speak perfect English
    2. Enjoy creating content
    3. Ability to work with little to no supervision
    4. Working knowledge of Wordpress
    You will be expected to upload the content directly to Wordpress as a draft. I will inspect the quality and then publish it to the site.

My budget for 10 pieces of content is $200.

Please PM me your qualifications.
    I may not send a PM back if I'm not interested, please understand I have many people to talk to you and can't waste my time with people that don't meet the basic requirements.

Matthew Sayle, Aug 30, 2015 IP
  2. ipresencebizsolutions.com

ipresencebizsolutions.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi Matthew,

May I send you my business proposal via email?

3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 2
    Looks like he'd prefer you started a conversation/private message.

sarahk, Aug 30, 2015 IP
  4. ipresencebizsolutions.com

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I read that, of course. That's why I asked the OP starting with the phrase "may I".
    I guess there was no harm made in asking.

5. Matthew Sayle

Matthew Sayle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 25
    As Buyer:
    81.8% - 9
    Actually, there is harm in asking.

Now I have to take time out to explain something that I already made clear.

First, if you were an established member with dozens of posts - I would probably have no problem giving you my email.

Second, if you really want to ask that question - wouldn't a PM be the proper place?

I check my PMs just like everyone else.

Now, instead of speaking with the people that took the time out to PM me properly, I have to type this to you.

Not really fair, is it?

I am not trying to be rude, but what makes you think you can just come in here without being established and dictate your own rules?

___

Also, you sent me 2 duplicate PMs about 2.5 hours apart.

I love this last line:

I will post the articles on your WordPress-based website for FREE if your order costs at least $100.00.

Please email reply or email me so we can discuss the complete details of the project. Once everything is clear, that's when I will send you a PayPal invoice. You may reach me via email at XXXXXX@XXXXX.

Please know that I require upfront payment. To break any trust issue, you may place a small order. If you trust my credibility since I have my business registered, you may take advantage of my bulk order discount and order at once. The choice is yours.

I always pay upfront, but where do you get off forcing my hand?

Matthew Sayle, Aug 31, 2015 IP
    wco and write.subhajit like this.
  6. Matthew Sayle

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 25
    As Buyer:
    81.8% - 9
    I received several fantastic PMs.

However, I also received this:

[​IMG]

This should serve as what NOT to do when applying for a job.

sarahk likes this.
  7. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 2
    Nothing like a bit of finesse!

sarahk, Aug 31, 2015 IP
    Matthew Sayle likes this.
  8. ipresencebizsolutions.com

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi Matt,

I'm sorry if I caused you an inconvenience. I didn't expect my inquiry to take the conversation in another direction.
    I might have sent you two PMs because I was not sure if I did or sent the first one right. Being new in the forum (but not in the content writing business), I was not sure if the "Conversation" link was meant to post on someone else's wall (that's publicly visible) or not. So right after posting my inquiry in your job post, I also sent you a "PM" through the "Conversation" link.

Finally, I did not mean to force anybody to pay upfront. I was only setting proper expectation in my message. I believe setting a proper expectation is important because I don't want to waste your time (which, unfortunately and apparently, I already did for making you explain above) in discussing the project for several minutes only to find out that my requirement for an upfront payment does not suit your payment terms and conditions. I believe setting the right expectations at the onset of the conversation is a great time-saver.

Nonetheless, please know that I appreciate you taking the time to reply. I didn't mean to cause an inconvenience to anyone in this forum. I have good intentions to discuss, collaborate, and do business with like-minded people. If I unintentionally stepped on anyone's foot today, my apologies.

I wish everyone a good day and week ahead.

9. Matthew Sayle

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 25
    As Buyer:
    81.8% - 9
    I have selected my content creator.

Here is what I liked about him:
    1. He told me a little about himself besides the regular mumbo-jumbo. He likes reading, cooking, etc.
    2. He NEVER mentioned the word Copyscape. Being unique should go without saying!
    3. He added samples without me needing to request them, he also made sure they were Google Docs so I could view them easily on any device.
    4. He gave me some links to other websites he contributes to, so I can see his work in action.
    5. His PM was only 3 short paragraphs, easy to read and understand.
    This should prove as what TO DO when asking for a job.

We should also start a thread as to what buyers should do when hiring for a job, that's a whole other issue!

10. ipresencebizsolutions.com

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Good points, Matthew. Thank you for sharing.

Though you're not asking about this, I'd also like to share my thoughts on why I still mention Copyscape in my business proposals.
    I agree it should go without saying. However, many are still asking if the content is Copyscape-passed or not. Hence, I still mention that as my way of proactively answering a possible question. Some appreciate that, while some don't. Nonetheless, I understand it's different strokes for different folks.

11. Matthew Sayle

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 25
    As Buyer:
    81.8% - 9
    In my experience, if a buyer is asking if the content is copyscape-passed - they are looking for cheap, subpar content.

I pay for high quality content and that's what I expect.

If I was a writer looking for a job, and the employer said "the article must pass Copyscape" I would look for a different job.

Have some pride in your work and vet your employer just like they vet you. Don't just work for any dollar that comes your way.

12. ipresencebizsolutions.com

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi Matt,

In some cases, yes. Nevertheless, I have many well-paying clients who also asked about the Copyscape thing-y maybe because that was what they were advised to ask or make sure of when they consulted those who tried to outsource their content writing needs.

I also have clients who initially came in with a low budget in mind. But after discussing the pros and cons of this and that, they realized that they will only receive what they're paying for. From the vantage point of a content service provider like me, I think, it all boils down to how I create the "need" and make my prospective customer imagine what (s)he is gaining or losing. That's why a conversation is important. Many of my great business deals were sealed not with a one-time PM-ing but with a meaningful conversation like what we're having now.

Well, I don't mean to take much of your time, Matt. But thank you for this healthy exchange of thoughts. I appreciate it.