1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Looking for and need to compare web copywriting questionaires

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by driven, Dec 7, 2006.

I'm curious to see if any web copy writers here have a web copy writing worksheet/questionnaire that they are willing to email me? I'm asking because I'd like to see what the thought process is of other web copy writers are and what questions you ask on the worksheet. This gives me an idea of what you believe is important and what isn't important with respect to content development and your overall thought process.

if you can email me at hsh20 AT yahoo.com, then I'd appreciate it.

driven, Dec 7, 2006 IP
  2. driven

driven Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, if no one wants to email the worksheet, then that's fine. But how about listing a few of your questions here so that I can an idea. thoughts anyone?

driven, Dec 8, 2006 IP
  3. marketjunction

marketjunction Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe you can try approaching a web copywriter specifically. I'm going to bet that most web copywriters that might read this forum don't do what you are asking.

The ones that do most likely won't share that info. As to what's important or not, that comes with experience.

marketjunction, Dec 10, 2006 IP
    driven likes this.
  4. driven

driven Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the response. I think you are right, MJ. From reading some of the discussions in the past, I get the feeling that some of the copywriters don't have a methodology either; They just ask what the topic is about and then start doing some research on the subject.

I'm surprised if people wouldn't share that info because it's not like it's top secret, despite the fact that I am asking about it. A copywriting worksheet is no different than having a web design worksheet. I see designers share their design worksheets all the time and I've done it myself as well so I don't see the big deal behind the secrecy.

Luckily, I just got my copy of Maria Veloso's book, Web Copy That Sells, in the mail. I read through the first 30 pages or so and it's a goldmine of information that has already given me an idea of what questions should be asked.

driven, Dec 10, 2006 IP
  5. marketjunction

marketjunction Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yea, that's a book I recommend to new writers.

Either that or get an education in Journalism, since that's where all these writing tips originated from.

Enjoy the book. I think you'll find that it will help you.

marketjunction, Dec 11, 2006 IP