1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Looking for an easy way to add many categories to wp

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by mackjay77@gmail.com, Aug 27, 2017.

I am going to be starting up a classified site about puppies and was looking for an easy way to add many different categories quickly.
    Here is an example of what I want to do.
    Main categories will be the state
    Florida
    Then sub categories will be the breed of the puppy
    Yorkie.
    And the final URL I want it to read "buy Yorkie puppies in Ohio"
    Any ideas or suggestions would be great.
    Thanks

mackjay77@gmail.com, Aug 27, 2017 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I'd keep your categories to a single theme - either geography or breed, let's say geography.
    Create a custom taxonomy for the other one, in this case breed

Then when you create a post you give it the category of Ohio and the custom taxonomy of Yorkie

And you'd create a filter that creates smart headings when Ohio + Yorkie are displayed.
    You might need to create something clever to allow search on both, it's a while since I've messed with custom taxonomy but this is the "right way" to tackle the problem.

sarahk, Aug 27, 2017 IP
  3. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I'd advise you against starting a classifieds about puppies. Your site will quickly get filled with nothing but fake puppies for sale ads. I pretty much block all puppies for sale ads and approve them manually. If you don't mind dealing with spam, which will be 95% of your ads, then by all means start a classifieds about puppies.

qwikad.com, Aug 27, 2017 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    That too, puppy mills are also a real problem. If you can personally validate every breeder then your site will be amazing but I doubt you'll have the time to vet every breeder. It's also a very competitive niche, but that's a whole other issue
    https://www.google.com/search?q=buy+yorkie+in+ohio

sarahk, Aug 27, 2017 IP