1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

looking for an adnetwork counts by cookie and not IP

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by samplay, Apr 15, 2015.

I am looking for popup and cpm ad networks that counts users by cookie (not IP). My company provides the VPN service and most of users have same IP's; and my ad revenue will be decreased vastly if an ad network counts by IP.

any suggestion would be appreciated.

samplay, Apr 15, 2015 IP
  2. wrekoniz3

wrekoniz3 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What the real issue is, is the frequency counting. If you have all these impressions coming from the same IP its going to be treated as the same person, and more frequency leads to lower value over time.

wrekoniz3, Apr 15, 2015 IP
    lukey372 likes this.
  3. samplay

samplay Peon

Best Answers:
    You mean that all and all the ad networks count visitors by IP? so, it seems that I should think about CPA. right?
    Anybody else has better suggestion for me?

samplay, Apr 15, 2015 IP
  4. wrekoniz3

wrekoniz3 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No they don't count visitors by IP but they count the amount of times an IP address has seen an ad. Sometimes you get lucky and its cookie based frequency tracking.

What I would do in your case, is get an ad server, and sign up for as many networks as you can, all various sorts, then set them up on your ad server to each do 3/24 frequency caps (which is an industry standard for max value). Because if you had 5 - 10 networks at 3/24 frequency cap you would be able to pull max value from 5-10 networks on a combined frequency of 15/24 - 30/24.

wrekoniz3, Apr 16, 2015 IP