1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying Looking for American Writers

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by AHayes183, Jun 14, 2010.

To whom it may concern,

I am currently on the lookout for American writers who take pride in their work and dont miss deadlines. I own a small writing company and have orders on a regular basis. We currently have a few days off and I am taking this opportunity to add some professional people to my team.

Articles will be on any niche which can range from colon cancer and pregnancy to studying abroad and resume tips. As a result, you need to be excellent at research. All articles are for an American audience.

At the moment payment is $5 per article (500 words) which will increase to $6 in July. I plan on increasing the rate again soon after, depending on business.

Articles need to be completed in 24-48 hr deadlines. Please send through writing samples and daily capabilities via pm.

At the moment I am strictly looking for American writers. This includes college and university students.

Thanks,
    Antony Hayes.

AHayes183, Jun 14, 2010 IP
  2. lassie911

lassie911 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    You want American writers, you need to be able to pay American wages.

lassie911, Jun 14, 2010 IP
  3. AHayes183

AHayes183 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks for the tip, muppet.

4. Eve_Unbound

Eve_Unbound Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I agree with lassie911. American writers = American rates.

Eve_Unbound, Jun 14, 2010 IP
  5. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I may not be an American (Dutch), but for starting writers that seems pretty much the standard, and after all he is mentioning
    Which to me means he is looking for folks with decent grammar skills that want to earn a bit on the side. For that $ 1 per 100 seems okay. Nothing special, but okay.

Kraven2, Jun 14, 2010 IP
  6. AHayes183

AHayes183 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi,

Thanks for the backup Kraven.

I understand that my rates are not the best and I am working on improving that. I work with clients and sometimes have to produce over a thousand articles a month. By raising the price to accomodate decent salaries the clients back off considerably. If the pay is not within your range, please kindly ignore this post. For those two who have already commented, kindly let me know what a respectable price per article is and I will have something to work towards. Theres a fine line between quality and quantity and in order to beat competition I have to be within it´s boundries.

Regards,
    Antony.

7. amit_article

amit_article Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 2
    Hey mate,
    I am new to this field. I'm not from America (India) but I think I can write good quality articles. I am working with a rate of $0.70 per 100 words. But I really need to know what is the average charge per 100 words... Please advice me..

Kindest Regards
    Amit

amit_article, Jun 14, 2010 IP
  8. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    You're welcome. When people offer slave wages, I am quick on the draw to point it out, so it is only fair to do so when the opposite is true, and $5 per 500 word piece simply is the going rate here, one I used for many years :)

Cheers!
    Everwijn

Kraven2, Jun 14, 2010 IP
  9. Eve_Unbound

Eve_Unbound Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi Anthony,

Thanks for not taking the comment personally and working to improve on rates. I was taking into consideration the amount of time that goes into what you were asking for:

1. "You need to be excellent at research."
    2. "Articles need to be completed in 24-48 hr deadlines."
    3. "American writers."

Depending on the quality of writing you're asking for, the amount of time that goes into those three factors can vary between 1-3 hours per article, which comes out to a pretty low rate/hour.

There's a fine line between running a profitable business and paying quality writers what they're worth. I'm still trying to figure that out as well so it's hard to put a price on a "respectable price per article." If I HAD to name a number, I'd say $15 minimum per article for an American writer.

Eve_Unbound, Jun 14, 2010 IP
  10. lassie911

lassie911 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    The going rate here doesn't mean anything. Everything at this site is sold for less than what it should be sold for, including articles. The going rate is a reflection of people from different parts of the world who's value for the same amount of money differs. Since American's are competing with people who have lower standards of living, the rates have dropped. Someone in India may love $5/500 words. For an American, that's not even enough for a cup of coffee. To some American's here that may be considered good money not because it is but because as you have pointed out, it is the going rate. If everyone settles for .01 per word it may seem strange to ask for .02 per word but that doesn't mean that it's an unfair amount to ask for. It only means that the market has crashed and American writer's will work for rates lower than they are used to just so they can compete. I don't think it's too much to ask to be compensated properly for unique content that someone can continue to profit from year after year. If you don't know how money is made from articles and how much can be made, then you probably feel like an American who is fluent in English should just take $5 and be happy. I have made hundreds of dollars from one article so I'm sorry if I won't sell myself short. Yes, if you want an American who knows English, vernacular and all, you need to pay. Don't act like it's good pay because it is the going rate. Just be honest and say that someone will take it and it's all about you paying someone the least possible amount. Go to constant content and see what their articles sell for before you try to convince me that .01 per word is so good. This isn't directed towards anyone in particular it's just a quick rant.

I agree with Eve_Unbound also. Some of you want to hire writer's but you want us to do more than write but only pay for the writing aspect. Research takes time, posting articles that's time, posting/finding pics/videos takes time. When you hire a writer you need to keep more than the word count in mind.

lassie911, Jun 14, 2010 IP
  11. monfis

monfis Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    80.0% - 4
    Well said lessie, there are probably a lot of people happy to do such a job for the need; and yes I understand the OP, customers are "funny" often and there is no way to rise prices, they just go away to the next offer if you try. Nobody can blame the OP to forward such offers. I think the only way out of such situation would be a general writer's strike, like workers in the "real" world do.

monfis, Jun 14, 2010 IP
  12. TravisG

TravisG Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Sent the OP a PM.

TravisG, Jun 14, 2010 IP
  13. pallavi21

pallavi21 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I have native writers team...Let me know if I can write for you...
    Thanks

pallavi21, Jun 15, 2010 IP
  14. Kidijs

Kidijs Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Haha lassie, I think you dramatize it too much. An American writer could make more than $5 an hour working at Starbucks, and could instead start a blog or a project in his/her free time. I don't see ANY natives giving in to rates like these. :)

Kidijs, Jun 15, 2010 IP
  15. AHayes183

AHayes183 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi,

The point of fact is that the going rate has been between 1c and 2c a word here at DP for quite a while. There are occasional offers at 3c a word but the jobs are sparodic to say the least. In short, DP isnt the site to find work at the rates you all require. I have some American writers that are content with my rates, mainly because I am polite and the work is more often than not, consistent. I would love nothing more than to pay excellent salaries but at the moment I am catering for clients who require thousands of articles a month but just dont have the budget to pay large prices for each and every article. My goal is to find the people who are prepared to work and advertise their services at $5/6 per article - who are good at what they do. I can then edit and provide these articles to my clients at a low price. This is a service that has an endless need and as such there will always be work available.

I am a writer myself and understand the effort that goes into researching and writing each article but I usually set a time limit at no more than an hour per article. So $6 per hour isnt entirely bad considering that the US´economy isnt as expensive as Europe and the federal minimum wage is $7.25. This is by no means a way to get rich but it is a way for many to earn a small income from home. There are upsides to this which exclude expenses for commuting. In addition writers can set their own hours and produce articles faster when they are comfortable with a niche. With this in mind if writers want to say that they only specialize in a certain niche, I am open to providing individuals with topics of their choice.

I am all for the fact that the basic going rate for phenomenal writers should be higher but there are different areas of the market that need to be considered and addressed. If you are looking for work at 3c+ per word I would suggest create your own website and advertise on places like google and warrior forums. Let writers make up their own mind but dont go demonstrating on someone elses advertisement as that is just plain unethical and rude.

AHayes183, Jun 15, 2010 IP