1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Looking for advice on repurposing artwork for multiple social media platforms

Discussion in 'Graphics & Multimedia' started by millerakungs, Aug 16, 2020.

Hey guys. I recently took a freelance job as an in-house social media designer and we create new campaigns almost every second day.

I spend a lot of time repurposing campaign artwork for each social media platform. You know - one visual for Instagram, one for Snap, a CRM banner, Facebook, etc. I'm currently making them all separately and it takes so much time. I even need to work late to get them all done on time. I thought maybe someone knows a technique or approach how I could speed it up.

I’m new to this, so any advice will be super useful.
    Thanks.

millerakungs, Aug 16, 2020 IP
  2. IAmTheAnswer

IAmTheAnswer Member

Best Answers:
    It really depends on the designer on how fast they are in creating graphic designs. I would suggest that you should not think on how to speed up your work but rather you should think on how to improve your designs. In due time you will find your own ways to speed up your work with a quality result. Just enjoy being a designer.

IAmTheAnswer, Aug 16, 2020 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Not a designer but I've had to do a bit of that when working on a budget. Much of it comes down to organising your artwork files so you can get what you need quickly.

sarahk, Aug 16, 2020 IP
  4. millerakungs

millerakungs Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Totally. I just hate when people (clients) expect us to present all creative in every format possible. All the time. On every brief. I just end up working late all the time (with no overtime). Just wondering if there is some way of speeding it up.

millerakungs, Aug 17, 2020 IP
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Get tougher about what your quote covers and how additional requests will be managed.
    If a client is playing hardball too much consider sacking them.

sarahk, Aug 17, 2020 IP
  6. IAmTheAnswer

IAmTheAnswer Member

Best Answers:
    You should at least tell them the inclusions for your design packages such as number of revisions, etc.. and any other request that is not included in your design package should have an additional payment.

IAmTheAnswer, Aug 17, 2020 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  7. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    It's really hard when you're starting out and trying to win business but I've worked for people who know they're taking advantage and don't care. It's a hard balance to strike but ultimately you're not a charity.

sarahk, Aug 17, 2020 IP
    IAmTheAnswer likes this.
  8. millerakungs

millerakungs Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Totally. I don't want to say no. Especially in this situation. Thanks for your help, guys.

millerakungs, Aug 18, 2020 IP
  9. joidiamonds

joidiamonds Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You're just resizing right, and not recreating?

joidiamonds, Aug 28, 2020 IP
  10. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I suspect it'll be a case of wanting an insta-square image, then wanting a profile banner, then wanting a standard web banner, and something for my email footers, and something for print advertising, and "ooh, I didn't think of this before but could I get one x sized for y purpose".

BTDT if you do it on the cheap the output looks cheap compared to when you let a designer do it properly, and if they do it properly they deserve to be paid properly.

sarahk, Aug 28, 2020 IP